Breaking Free

A day had passed and we were stuck doing an ecological survey for our oh so top secret mission. I found it absurd and questionable. Like, who's gonna use an animal unit for the war. Naruto was ecstatic about having to survey and handpick animals and didn't question the mission, but I did. Every time I brought it up to Captain Yamato, he would blatantly lie to my face and change the topic.

I was becoming restless and growing even more suspicious about this mission and wanted to head back. Things got strange after there were some explosions outside the island but we were forbidden from leaving and others went to go check it out. But it was odd how Captain Yamato suddenly disappeared after that.

Bee helped us train by perfecting our tailed beast chakra control and tried to teach us the Tailed Beast Bomb which wasn't a complete success because we couldn't fully transform into our Tailed Beast like how Bee does.

We resorted to having to create one in our Tailed Beast Chakra mode. I was getting the hang of it since it was like making a Rasengan, but there were times when it would explode.

An hour or so had gone by and Naruto and I were lying on the ground exhausted with our chakra cloaks vanishing. Learning to work with our Tailed Beast Chakra mode was really something else although I was faring a bit better than Naruto.

"Half hearted attention, not enough preparation. What's wrong?" Asked Bee but it was more directed to Naruto.

"Something has been bothering me for awhile now. Earlier...I thought I sensed the Nine Tails chakra. But there's no way someone besides me could have the Nine Tails chakra, right?"

"You probably just imagined it. Chakra here is cut off, both inside and out. The Nine Tails is inside you," replied Bee.

"Well," I clasped my hands together and got their attention. "How about we take a break and then resume our training? I'll be getting some fresh air." I turned on my heel and began to walk out before my walk turned into a jog.

Naruto isn't wrong. I sensed it as well and it was coming from a different direction and not from Naruto. But most of all, I wanted to get to the bottom of this whole mission and why we were here. I don't believe that crap about the S-Rank mission. The only thing I got out of this was the training with Bee.

Why were we forbidden from leaving? Why is Captain Yamato not back? There has to be something going on. Back at the Leaf, Lady Tsunade mentioned we were on the verge of war and if that's the case, I need to find a way back and help out.

As I ran out from the room we were in, there were six Hidden Cloud Ninja who were standing guard at the entrance to the temple that would lead out the waterfall.

I skidded to a halt and glanced over at each one of them.

"What's the meaning of this?" I asked.

"Sorry but we can't let you pass. Please go back inside the room."

Footsteps were heard behind me and Naruto made his appearance. Naruto wasn't that stupid, he was beginning to suspect something as well. The ninja wouldn't let us through and Naruto and I were surprised when Iruka showed up.

He tried talking us into staying, but we forcefully pushed past them. Naruto had his Sage mode on and as we escaped out of the waterfall, Naruto stopped in his tracks.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked as I shook his shoulders. His eyes were wide and it seems that he sensed something.

"W-what's going on?" He mumbled and glanced over at Iruka for an explanation. "What's happening?!"

"It's war. Madara is waging war on us," announced Iruka.

"There's a war out there and you guys expect us to stay here and sit still?!" I shouted at them.

"Our comrades are fighting and going through hell...why were you keeping this hidden from us?!"

"It's a war to protect you two. Madara launched a full scale assault in order to capture the Eight Tails, Nine Tails, and Eleven Tails. If he succeeds, his jutsu will be complete and the world will end. Protecting you means protecting the future and everyone. Everyone is putting their lives on the line. They are fighting to protect you. So please, let's go back inside." Urged Iruka.

"...Sorry, but we can protect ourselves. I'm not gonna let my friends die for our sake!"

"We'll stop this war!" Naruto grabbed my hand and we ran off with the Cloud shinobi chasing us down. We switched to our Tailed Beast Chakra mode and sped up. Minutes had gone by and we were at the front of the island where we first arrived. A Tailed Beast Bomb was shot passed us and cracked a barrier that was being held up. We looked over and saw Killer Bee was had transformed into his tailed beast. Naruto, Killer Bee and I worked together and broke through the numerous barriers with ease.

We had broken free from the island and it was time to head to the battlefield.

A/n: Officially heading into the war! Woo! I'm excited for this.