Hero

I slowly opened my eyes but closed them shut as I felt the sun beaming down on my eyes.

"Thank goodness. You're finally awake," I heard a voice say close by.

I used my arm to shield my eyes while I tried using the other to prop myself up on my elbow, but a wave of pain and soreness shot through my body.

I grunted and fell back to the ground but kept my arm over my eyes.

"You mustn't strain yourself."

My eyes darted downwards to my body and sitting on top of my stomach was Katsuyu who was healing the various wounds that were left on my body.

I weakly pushed myself off the ground and as I sat upwards, my eyes darted around the area, but I couldn't really recognize my surroundings.

"Where am I?" I softly asked as I looked at Katsuyu.

"We're somewhat far from the village. You and Naruto ended up fighting Pain outside the village."

I looked around at the destruction that surrounded me and asked, "Did we...really do all this?"

"...yes," she responded as she lowered her head. Using whatever strength I had gained back, I willed myself to stand up and I placed Katsuyu on my shoulder.

"Wait....where's Naruto?" I asked her as I saw no sign of his bright blonde hair.

She gave me directions to where he went and informed me that he went to go speak with the real Pain. I quickly followed the path that he went and ended up running through a forest.

I don't know how long I ended up running for but my body was already growing tired. I stopped and placed my hand on a nearby tree to catch my breath.

Rather than running I decided to walk the rest.

Staggering through the forest with my eyes facing downward, I didn't realize two people coming my way.

"(Y/n), what are you doing out here?"

I looked up and gasped when I saw Kakashi Sensei slightly hunched over with Naruto on his back. I ran towards him and engulfed him in a hug almost causing him to drop Naruto but I was so relieved to see him standing there alive.

I let go of him after a few seconds and stared at him in confusion. "But how?!"

"It was all Naruto's doing."

I turned towards Naruto who was now off Kakashi Sensei's back.

"Well it was Pain or should I Nagato who did it. He gave them their life back."

"I....I don't know what to say...Thank you," I warmly said to him for being able to reach out to our enemy and make him have a change of heart. I pulled him in for a hug wanting to show him how grateful I was for everything he did.

That means my friends were alive

And maybe...he was too!

"Then...does that mean Jiraya Sensei is....?" I pulled my head back and stared up at him. There was a twinkle of hope in my (e/c) eyes and my lips were turning upward but the moment those words left my mouth his face turned grim.

I instantly knew the answer just by seeing his facial expression. The hope in my eyes vanished and my mood dropped.

'Why not him...why?!' I didn't understand why he couldn't have been brought back to life. I wanted him here with us again.

He tightly squeezed me as he whispered into my ear, "I'm sorry...but...I'm really glad you're okay, (Y/n)."

We let go from our embrace but Naruto reached his hand out and grabbed my hand. I looked at him with questioning eyes but he pulled me forward.