The Hunt

We were standing outside the main gate with not only our team, but with team 8. Everyone was dressed in a white cloak with double red stripes at the bottom. Dark clouds were looming above our heads and the light drops of rain began to hit our heads and soak our hair, but that didn't seem to bother anyone.

Lady Tsunade was there to see us off, unfortunately Jiraiya Sensei wasn't there. You could only guess that he left last night to complete what he needed to do.

"I hereby assign you the mission of locating and capturing Itachi Uchiha! Be careful and watch each other's backs out there!"

"Right!" Exclaimed everyone before we headed out for our mission.

~Timeskip~

We leapt from branch to branch following behind Kakashi Sensei until he led us to the outskirts of a nearby town. We huddled around in a circle on top of a rooftop.

"Okay the mission to capture and bring Itachi starts now. Here's the plan. This building will serve as our first center point. We'll do a five kilometer search in every direction. If we don't find anything, we'll establish a new center point and repeat the process." Kakashi Sensei performed a few hand signs before slamming his hand down.

A cloud of smoke appeared in front of us but quickly disappeared to reveal his ninja hounds. Once Pakkun noticed us, he gave us a nod before Kakashi Sensei spoke again. "Each member will be accompanied by two ninja dogs."

Two ninja dogs went to each one of your friends while you and Naruto were left without one.

"So what about us?" Questioned Naruto.

"You two are the Jinchuuriki they're after, but (Y/n) I trust you that you won't be like Naruto so you'll be with Sakura. Naruto, you'll be paired with Yamato and Hinata."

You walked on over to Sakura and were met with the two ninja dogs. One had a tan colored fur with brown highlights on it ears. It had black circular markings around its eyes and a kanji symbol on its forehead. The other one had grey fur with white undersides and black hair on top of its head that resembled a mohawk. They both wore a blue vest and Konoha forehead protector around their necks.

"First and foremost, you'll be tracking the scent of Sasuke and Itachi. If you encounter one of them, mark their location and return here. Especially you Naruto, don't be going ahead."

"I know," he said not wanting to get lectured at the moment.

"Let's move out then."

~Timeskip~

We were walking down a wide dirt path with civilians walking by us. We made sure to mask our chakra signatures to not alert either of the Uchihas of our presence. The grey ninja dog whose name was Shiba was walking on your left while the other one named Bisuke walked besides Sakura.

"If you don't stop with that scary look, you'll chase all the guys away," snickered Bisuke.

"That's just her face," you joked but she gave you a hard nudge on the arm. "Ow, I'm kidding." You held your hands up defensively not wanting to get on her bad side. But you stopped in your tracks once you noticed Bisuke sniff the ground.

"I picked up Sasuke Uchiha's scent."

"What?" We halted in the middle of the dirt path staring at Bisuke.

'No way, that's too good to be true. But could he really be nearby?'

You and Sakura had looked at each other with wide eyes, not anticipating that we would actually run into Sasuke.