The Broken Seal

Haku watched the interaction between the boys until he quietly spoke," She found a strength she didn't realize she had because of a certain person who was precious to her. To save that person she rushed in knowing it was a trap. She was a true ninja, worthy of honor. Is this the first time you've see a friend die in battle."

Naruto began to recall the incident in the forest with (Y/n) and Haku before he knew of Haku's true identity. Haku's question came into mind. "Is there someone precious to you?" He remembered Haku asking but he finally knew the answer to that question.

I now know who that precious someone is thought Naruto as he stared down at your lifeless body.

"This is the fate of a ninja," calmly said Haku.

A powerful foul, evil chakra began to emit, swirling around Naruto's body. Red chakra was surrounding the atmosphere intimidating Haku. "I'LL KILL YOU!" Screamed Naruto while settling your body down but his eyes turned blood red with a black slit. His appearance was changing similar to that of a fox.

Naruto's wounds began healing while he charged at Haku with enhanced speed. Naruto was beginning to overpower Haku and with a powerful punch Naruto knocked Haku through one of the mirrors causing his mask to crack. The mirrors around them shattered but Sasuke quickly carried you and distanced himself from Naruto and Haku in order to protect your body.

Naruto ran at full speed towards Haku aiming to destroy him but stopped once Haku's mask fell off and revealed his face.

"Why didn't you strike, didn't you just vow to avenge your comrade." At Haku's words, Naruto glanced over at your body in Sasuke's arms. He mustered up some strength and punched Haku down but held back.

"I have failed Zabuza I'm a tool that's no longer of use. Naruto kill me." Naruto hesitated at first but for Haku's sake he aimed a kunai at him. Before he could make contact, Haku grabbed his armed and disappeared from Naruto's sight.

Haku soon appeared in front of Zabuza to protect him against Kakashi's lightening blade. Blood splattered on the ground and onto Kakashi's body as he unbelievably looked at Haku. Before Zabuza could attack Kakashi again he withdrew with Haku still impaired and settled him down.

Sasuke soon made his presence and carried your body in his arms, walking over to rejoin the rest. As soon as the others saw him arrive they noticed his solemn expression. Their eyes widened at the sight of your pale, motionless body.

"She...gave her life to save us." Said Sasuke with a tinge of sadness in his voice.

Zabuza merely laughed at the sight of your corpse. "That brat is just like Haku, giving up her life to save someone just like any ordinary tool." Naruto became angered by his words, ready to attack Zabuza but Kakashi interfered, " Sasuke take (Y/n)'s body away from here. I'm going to finish this fight."

Sasuke obliged and distanced himself from everyone while blankly staring at you.

Reader's P.O.V.

"Wake up."

You opened your eyes and saw pitch darkness. You didn't know where you were but you were startled when you heard a low raspy feminine voice," you're finally awake."

"Who are you?" You suspiciously asked but your eyes widened when you saw a pair of red eyes staring down at you.

"I'm the tailed beast that's contained inside your body. Right now is not the time to talk we'll contact each other soon but for now you should wake up. You aren't dead, the senbon needle wasn't aimed at any near vital parts. He merely struck a nerve causing you to appear as if you were dead."

You wanted to talk to her more but before you could speak a blinding white light engulfed you.

Your eyes shot opened as you jolted awake, startling Sasuke at your sudden movement, clearly seeing you were alive. "(Y/n)...you're..but how.." Questionably asked Sasuke.

"We'll discuss that later but for now where's Naruto and what happened to Haku?" Sasuke pointed to where Naruto and the others were. You weakly walked over there with Sasuke to see what was happening. At a distance you saw the others along with Haku's and Zabuza's body lying on the ground next to each other.

You were utterly shocked at the scene, wondering what happened while you were unconscious. You made your presence known to them by asking, "Are you guys alright?"

They turned their heads and looked at you with disbelief. "(Y/n) you're...alive." Naruto ran towards you and gave you a bone crushing hug, overjoyed that you were still alive.

"Thank goodness," softly said Naruto. You smiled while returning the hug but soon let go as you gave everyone else a small smile.

Kakashi Sensei began to explain to you what had occurred and the defeat of Gato and his men. You sadly looked over at Hakus and Zabuza's body thinking about the life of the shinobi that you all live.

You all silently left the bridge in peace, wondering what would be in store for us next in the future.

*Timeskip*

The construction of the bridge was completed as time soon passed. Before you left you were quickly asked Tazuna something that was on your mind," So now that it's complete are you going to name the bridge?" Tazuna pondered about the name until an idea came into mind," The Great Naruto Bridge." You smiled and agreed with the idea of the name.

You headed back and said your farewells to everyone until Naruto and Inari had tears streaming down their faces. You chuckled at the sight until you all soon departed heading back to Konoha.