Alone

It had been days since I last saw or spoke to Sasuke. Truth be told, I was curious as to how he was managing with the onslaught of his clan. He lost his entire clan like I did and I'm pretty sure he's experiencing a whirlwind of emotions.

We are the last sole survivors.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my (h/l) (h/c) hair. I would finally to get to see Sasuke again at the academy.

I walked down a familiar path that Sasuke and I would take and walked under the row of trees that would lead to the academy.

Walking down this path, there were other people my age who mumbled some words under their breath and gave me a dirty look which I ignored.

"Others may be scared of you and see you as a monster, but you're a normal kid in my eyes, so don't listen to them!"

Shisui's words rang through my head and I was trying to go by what he said even though it was difficult to block everything out.

How I wish he was still here.

As I continued walking, I didn't expect to see a certain patch of hair high up behind a few leaves. I walked over to that certain tree and smiled at the person sitting on top of a tree branch.

"What are you doing up there?" I asked Sasuke who merely glanced at me before looking at the ground beside me.

He jumped off the tree branch and landed next to me. "It's none of your business."

I leaned forward and peered into his eyes as a smirk tugged at my lips. "Did you happen to be waiting for me?"

"Yeah right loser," he scoffed and turned his head away from me with his nose held high as he began to walk away.

I furrowed my brows and bit the inside of my cheek to refrain myself from yelling at him. I quietly walked behind him until we arrived to the academy.

I watched as he seated himself where we would normally sit and I sat myself next to him like before. He placed his hand on his cheek as he kept his eyes glued forward.

I placed a hand on my chin and peered over at him and asked, "I know this might be stupid to ask but... how have you been holding up? You know I'm here for you."

"Like I said, I don't you nor your help." He stood up from his seat and before he could leave, I grabbed his wrist.

"Why are you acting like this now?! Why are you pushing me away?"

He ignored my questions and turned his head away from me which only made me rise from my seat and cause a few other students to look out way.

"Did I do something wrong? Does our childhood mean nothing to you?" I rapidly asked.

He snatched his wrist away from my grip and went to the other side of the room to sit himself down in an empty seat. Whispers began to fill the room but their mouths were sealed shut once I made eye contact with them. My lips dropped and I plopped myself back down, feeling so empty and alone sitting here.

I was truly alone now. The only other person who I had a connection to has drifted away.

I glanced over at Sasuke and didn't see him bat an eye my way. I placed my arms on the table and placed my head on my arms as I looked at Sasuke before turning my head away.

'Even if you forget all of this, I will always care about you.'