Rasenshuriken

"Well it looks like I have a variety of hearts to choose from, now that you're all here." Kakuzu's threads remained floating around his body from his back and some were hanging out from his mouth.

Everyone kept an eye on Kakuzu, but Naruto noticed that a certain someone was missing and asked, "Where's Shikamaru?"

"He went off to fight his partner somewhere," responded Choji.

"I sent a shadow clone not too long ago to check up on him, but a few of us can go as back up just in case he does need help," you suggested.

"Sakura, Sai, I need you two to go as reinforcements for Shikamaru." Sakura and Sai had nodded their head at Captain Yamato's orders. Kakashi Sensei had summoned Pakkun who led them off to Shikamaru's location.

Once your two teammates were gone, Naruto had created three shadow clones and said, "I can handle him."

"You're not facing him alone, that's just reckless of you." You made your way next to Naruto and placed a hand on his shoulder, "I'll fight alongside you."

"I don't think you should," butted in Captain Yamato. "We can't risk you getting caught in the blast of his Jutsu."

"But I'll-"

"Don't worry (Y/n). I'll be fine, plus I wouldn't want you getting hurt if you did happen to be too close to it. Your safety is important to me."

"Fine." You huffed out and stayed put for now but would step out to help if needed.

Behind us, his shadow clones were beginning to create a Rasengan, but it looked different compared to all the other times you've seen him create one with his clones.

His Rasengan began to change and took the form of a demon wind shuriken.

A spiral of wind was encompassing the Rasengan and everyone was able to the feel the strength of the surging wind that was coming from it.

'He did it. He mastered the change in chakra with his Rasengan.'

"Fuuton Rasenshuriken!" His clones charged head on towards Kakuzu to create a diversion and then charged Naruto with his Rasenshuriken in hand.

Once his clones had distracted him, Naruto took that as his chance to make his move. He maneuvered his way towards Kakuzu and tried ramming his jutsu at Kakuzu's chest, but it dispersed before it made contact with his body.

"Eh?" Naruto was confused as to why his Rasenshuriken vanished from the palm of his hand.

'This guy,' You mentally sighed while looking at your blonde haired friend as you were now taking off to help him get out of that mess.

*Timeskip*

Naruto succeeded at his second attempt of the Rasenshuriken. The damage and the intensity of the attack that was done to Kakuzu was unreal.

Naruto was laying face down on the solid ground behind us. He managed to lift his head up and give us a shaky thumbs up all while panting heavily.

You, Ino and Choji rushed on over to him and propped him up to sit upright.

"Hey, are you okay?" You asked with concern and worry in your (e/c) eyes. Choji wrapped his arm around Naruto to prevent his weakened body from falling towards. Ino stood behind his body and started to heal him while you were crouched next to Naruto, watching the way he steadied his breathing and closed to his eyes momentarily.

"I'm..okay." He opened one eye and mustered a small smile at you. "And you?"

"I'm fine, but worry about yourself not me. And I can take care of him from here, thanks Ino." She nodded her head and stopped using her medical ninjutsu on him. Choji released his hold on Naruto and leaned him towards you, allowing his head to rest on your shoulder. They left you two alone while they waited for their own teammate to show up.

"Give me your hand."

"In marriage?" He joked with a hint of amusement in his eyes but nonetheless he extended his right arm towards you while you took ahold of his right hand.

You playfully nudged him and shook your head but couldn't stop the small grin that was etching itself onto your lips. "To heal you."

You were able to see a few minor and major marks that were left on his arm. You placed your hand over his arm and let your basic medical ninjutsu heal some of the damage that was done to him.

He let out a painful grunt once your hand started to glow. You weren't an expert in medical ninjutsu so you weren't sure if there was something seriously wrong with his arm or if it was just hurting a little since it was his first time actually testing out the Jutsu.

"Hmph, it's not fair that you got to test out your Rasenshuriken first while I still haven't."

"Hehe, sorry (Y/n). You may have been ahead, but I caught up and I'm the one ahead of you now."

"Not for long though." You removed your hand from his arm and slightly moved his body away from yours so you could stand up.

You helped him stand on his feet by wrapping your left arm around his waist and and lifting his right arm, placing it around your neck and letting it hang off your shoulder but you kept a grip on his hand.

"Are you able to walk?" He stumbled a little but regained himself as you helped keep him steady.

"Yeah, thank you." He gave your hand a squeeze and started to drag his feet along the ground from exhaustion.

Shikamaru and your teammates had shown up and you were relieved to see him without any serious injuries except some minor scratches.

"Alright, now that everyone's back let's get going," shouted Captain Yamato who began to lead the way back home for us.