Encounter

A/n: Changed the POV because I found it easier to write like this 😋

I took a few steps towards Karin, but she placed her trembling hand in front of her and screamed, "Stay back!"

I stopped once I saw a few rusty chains coated with a yellow glow emerge from her back and head my way. I jumped back and watched as the chains dug themselves into the ground where I once stood.

My Sharingan darted from left to right as I was waiting for the chains to appear any moment now. The sound of the hard, dirt ground cracking open made me whip my head over my shoulder. The chains sprung out from the ground behind me and towered over my figure.

'I've dealt with chains once, I sure as hell don't need to again.'

I pulled out a kunai and deflected each chain that tried to capture me. Jumping in the air to avoid the other incoming chains, one of the chains quickly changed directions and made its way towards me. It wrapped itself around my ankle and roughly pulled me down to hit the ground. It stayed latched onto my ankle and without notice, it lifted me up in the air and had me hanging upside down. My surroundings began to slowly spin and I realized that the chain was swinging me around by my ankle before it released me and sent me crashing into a nearby tree.

Karin fell to her knees lightly panting as the chains disappeared, but she kept her eyes locked on me in case I tried to attack.

'I guess I underestimated her a little.' I let out a few coughs before I removed myself from the broken tree bark. My back was aching but this back pain wasn't going to stop me from getting to Sasuke.

"Karin! What's going on!" An unfamiliar voice had made its entrance and ahead of me, a white haired male with purple eyes knelt besides Karin.

Behind him, the one other person we were searching for in this mission had appeared. Sasuke staggered his way to the scene without taking notice of me yet seeing as his eyes were casted down.

He stood there shirtless with minor cuts and scratches displayed around his chest and stomach. He wore dark blue pants which was slightly covered by his white long sleeved shirt that was hanging over it. He wore two black arm guards that covered up his forearms and his sword was strapped behind him. He looked fatigued, beaten and bruised and was struggling to stand upright, but he placed his hand on the white haired male's shoulder to keep him from falling to his knees.

He lifted his eyes and his onyx eyes immediately locked with my Sharingan and I cautiously took a step forward and hesitantly asked, "Sasuke...what happened to you?"

He simply turned his head away from me and coldly responded, "It's nothing to concern yourself with."

Taking in his state once more, there was only one possible explanation for it. "You were fighting someone, weren't you?"

He remained silent and I took his silence as a yes. His new teammates were looking back and forth between us, unsure of what to say and whether to step in or not.

"So I was right."

"Hm." He removed his hand from his white haired teammate and mumbled "Suigetsu. Karin. Let's go." His new teammates rose from the ground while the white haired male, Suigetsu, enlarged his left arm to grab ahold of the unconscious Jūgo.

Suigetsu and Karin cautiously kept an eye on me as they slowly trudged backwards acting as Sasuke's eyes as they followed behind him.

'He's gonna leave!' I shook my head, not wanting to lose this chance again. I failed to once and I'm not going to again. I readily prepared myself to perform a few handsigns, waiting for the right moment to strike.

"Sasuke!" He stopped in his tracks once he heard me shout out his name and he peered over his shoulder, staring intently into my eyes.

"Your eyes...will remain weak."

"Weak?" I released my hand sign and placed a hand over my chest, flabbergasted at hearing his words and finding it slightly offending. Even though I wasn't an Uchiha, these eyes still belonged to me and I used them pretty damn well. "What do you mean weak? You must be going blind because we both have a three tomoe Sharingan. If you're calling my Sharingan weak, then yours are weak too."

"Mine will soon get stronger after I defeat him."

"Sasuke, you don't have to do this. If you kill him, then what? That satisfaction won't last forever. You'll be left with nothing."

'You wouldn't understand, (Y/n).' He scoffed and ignored my words as he continued to walk away with his new teammates.

'He's still weakened right now so now is my chance. I can't let him leave!" I did a few hand signs and breathed out a few blades of wind that caught them off guard and managed to slice each one of them. Suigetsu on his leg. Karin on her shoulder and Sasuke on his cheek.

I clenched my fist and ran towards them, but Suigetsu quickly set Jūgo down and stood in front of his teammates, ready to take me on.

As I was nearing Suigetsu, I tightly clenched my fist once more and punched him across the face. However, I was expecting to feel skin to skin contact when I punched him but all I felt was... liquid?

My fist was soaked in water and there were a few droplets of water that landed on my face. The right side of his face was gone and replaced with water while the left side of his face was still intact. No damage was inflicted on him, he looked perfectly fine as he smiled at me with pointed teeth.

This isn't what I was expecting to happen.