{Jamilton} Still Hurting (77)

- Alexander Hamilton's POV -
- Modern -

The mouse scrolled over to the save as my eyes followed it.  My thoughts scattered as I decided not to save, highlighting all the typing I've done in the last hour and pressing the backspace button.  I watched it disappear before my eyes before I saved the document and exited out of it.  I sat back in my chair as the picture of my boyfriend and I smiling appeared on the laptop.  

I closed the thing with a slam and stood, stretching my arms up and listening to the pops of my back.  "Maybe I should get some coffee," I thought aloud.  I venture out of the office and into the kitchen.  My coffee maker sat on the counter, my coffee mug sitting in it.  I smiled slightly at the thought of my boyfriend doing the dishes for me.  

I heard the jingle of keys and I turned to the door, awaiting the curly-haired man to walk in.  When I saw the dark-skinned beauty walk in, I traveled to him and held out my arms.  "Welcome home."

His bright smile awoke me from my aggravated state from before, his arms embracing me and squeezing me close to him.  "I've missed you," he mumbled.  

Smiling, I closed my eyes and let my head rest on his chest.  "I missed you, too."

After a few minutes of standing there, I finally separated from him and let him take off his blazer.  "How about pizza for dinner?" Thomas suggests.  

"Yes!" I stared up at him excitedly.  

He laughs quietly and pats my head.  "Let me call them after I change."

After the food arrives, we sit on the couch, pizzas in our mouths as we watched some random show.  "So I have a surprise," Thomas says suddenly, turning down the TV volume.  

"What is it?" I smiled brightly at him.  

"My boss is having a party this weekend and he invited me," he explains as he sets down his plate.  "I was hoping we could go!"

"O-Oh," I set my own plate down.  "B-But my birthday celebration was this weekend."

"But this party is important to me.  You must understand," he looks at my eyes.  His chocolate eyes melted me as he gave the puppy-eyes.  "My boss invited me."

"My birthday is Friday, Thomas," I tried to explain.  "It's my birthday."

"Come on," he rolled his eyes with a slight frown.  "We can just celebrate your birthday another weekend.  This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!"  

"Thomas, you don't understand where I'm coming from," I turned my body towards him, trying to help him understand.  "This weekend, you said that we could have it to ourselves.  You know how important birthdays are.  I'm turning 25."  

"You need to stop being so selfish," Jefferson stood up.  "You get to see me tonight, is that not enough for you?"

I stood up and gave up the begging act.  Anger fueled in me as I spoke, "You know what?  Fine.  Go to your stupid party.  I can go hang out with my friends then."

"Alex-"

"Don't Alex me," I pointed my finger at him angrily.  "You decided to go to a party instead of being with me.  It's fine.  Just go."

"Think rationally about this," Thomas argued.  "You have to understand that this is important for my job."

"Think rationally?" I repeated.  "Thomas, you can't be serious!"

He huffed as he crosses his arms.  "You could come with me!  We can just celebrate another day!"

"What other day?  You work or go to parties," I replied.  "You are choosing work over me."