{Jamilton} I Promise (Pt. 1) (42)

▲▽Alexander Hamilton's P.O.V.▼△
★Modern AU★
★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

In spite of what Peggy told me to do, I still sat at the table I was assigned by the waitress, waiting on my date to get here. It's been an hour and a half, I'm still waiting. My phone sat on the table, opened to Peggy's messages that told me to just go home. I received that message during the hour mark of him not showing. I hadn't replied to her.

I felt a sadness wash over me as I stood up, planting a $50 bill on the table for the wine I bought, grabbing the bottle and walking out. I felt pairs of eyes stare as I walked out, keeping my head low as I desperately clung to the bottle.

I got to my car and got in the driver's seat, staring at the window and taking a swig of what liquor was left in the bottle. I drank half of it while I was still in the restaurant, waiting for the person to show.

Slowly, I started to cry. Tears fell down my face as I opened the door to the cat, stepping out and throwing the glass bottle, grunting as I did so. Glass shattered to the ground and I let myself fall back into the car, shutting the door.  I grabbed my phone and scrolled through all of the contacts until I found what I was looking for.

After a few rings, I heard a grumble.  "Hello?"

"Hi, it's Alexander," I murmur, rubbing the back of my neck.  "Can you, um, come pick me up?  I don't think it'd be safe for me to drive."

A silence hung through the phone.  Then some shuffling.  "What did you do, Hamilton?" The southern accented Virginian asked, sounding tired and annoyed. 

"I'll explain when you get here, Thomas," I mumble, looking at the steering wheel of my car. 

Thomas hung up on me after I told him the place and I let my phone fall from my hand, landing under the seat, somewhere I can't reach it.  I waited patiently for him to get here, staring off until I heard a knock at my window.  I turned to see Thomas, glaring at me through the window. 

I opened the door with a bit of warning for Thomas to back up.  I stood from my seat and looked at the taller male, wondering if he was angry at me for waking him up.  His hair is disheveled and small bags are under his eyes.  "Alexander, what are you doing out here at 9 at night?"

I shrugged and turned back to my car, grabbing my keys and digging around for my phone.  I grabbed it and looked at Thomas.  Thomas sighed, not wanting to deal with my shit right now.  "Let's go, I'm taking you back to your place."

"I don't want to be alone," I told him, following as he took a few strides forward.  He stopped and turned to me, his eyebrows raised in confusion.  "Can we just go back to your place?  I promise to leave you alone, I'll sleep in the couch.  I don't care.  I just don't want to be alone right now."

Thomas sighed once more, grabbing my wrist gently and taking the lead to his car.  "Fine.  But you need to tell me what you are doing out here and why."

I stayed silent as he helped me into the passenger seat.  He climbed into the driver's side and started the car.  "Okay, explain."

I watched as he drove onto the road, heading towards his place.  "I was waiting for John," I mumbled, wanting to curl up in the seat, but not taking action.