{Jamilton} Kindness Is My Cure (26)

▲▽Alexander Hamilton's P.O.V.▼△
★Modern AU★
★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

My throat felt cold and dry as my eyes opened. I coughed gently as I sat up in bed, trying to rub the sleep from my eyes. I swung my legs over my bed and got myself up, heading to the shower first.

I quickly finished showering and changed into a large sweatshirt and jeans, doing the necessities for the morning before heading to the kitchen. Thomas Jefferson, my dorm roommate, was in there, staring at the coffee machine he used all the time. I used my own, the cheaper one, since Thomas thought I would break his expensive one. It's a bit offensive, but I didn't say anything about it.

He got his coffee and took a sip, heading to the bathroom to do whatever he needs. I waited impatiently for my own coffee, leaning on the counter with a frown tugging my lips. Maybe I shouldn't have coffee with this sore throat, I don't think it would be good for that.

I shrugged that thought away as my coffee was finished. I added a bit of creamer, which Thomas didn't do, that weirdo. I left to my bedroom to grab my bag and noticed my room was a mess. Memories of the night before flooded back and I sighed, knowing I'm going to have to clean this mess up later. John needed an outfit and thought I would have one. He left after two minutes of searching, since I don't have a lot of clothing, like Lafayette or Thomas.

I grabbed my bag and my laptop, along with my phone. I slid my laptop into my bag and my phone sat in my back pocket of my jeans, my bag slipping on my shoulder as I walked towards the door. Thomas showed up as soon as I did and I opened the door, not saying anything to him. He let out a noise of disapproval and left the dorm. I turned off the lights and left behind him. I locked the door and went to the stairs, avoiding the elevator that Thomas sat in.

I got down the stairs and left the building, sipping my coffee and going to my first class that was taught by Mr.King. He teaches English, much to my dismay. He doesn't like any student, other than the suck-ups like Samuel Seabury.

I got to the building and went to the room, finding my seat in the back of the room. I placed my bag on the ground with a small sigh, figuring out how I'm going to pay for a new textbook that I needed for a new class I was taking next semester. I hardly had enough to buy myself groceries, since Thomas won't share his. We both have our own section of everything; the fridge, the cabinets, the freezers, the bathroom. Literally everything.

I put my hood up and slouched in my seat as I coughed a bit, covering my mouth with my elbow to cough. It came out raspy and sounded very sickly. I tried to clear my throat, it felt uncomfortable. I took a few sips of my coffee, it didn't help. Sighing, I gave up and dealt with the feeling of the uncomfortableness.

Students filled the class as the teacher was about to start. Someone took a seat next to me, but I didn't look. I didn't have any friends in this class, not even one. I kept my eyes forward and my hood up, trying to deal with the cough that wanted to emerge from my throat.

Class began and it took a long time to end. People packed up and I coughed a bit, not even packing anything up, since I didn't take anything out. I picked up my bag and coffee, leaving to the next class: Law. It was a necessity to take, it that's what the internet said to be a Lawyer. It would make sense, though.

I sat down in the back once more, not daring to sit in the front because Mr.Adams didn't like me, either. Most teachers didn't like me. It's because I state my opinion very loudly and aggressively, but I think it's effective.