{Washette} Make You Believe You Are Lovely (P. 2) (50)

▲▽Marquis de Lafayette's P.O.V.▼△
★Modern AU★
★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

Silence.

That's all I've heard for the past few weeks without anyone in my home.

All of Thomas' stuff is gone. Now what's left is my clothing and my empty soul.

He took the bedsheets and comforters. He didn't leave anything that was even thought of as his.

He took my favorite shampoo from the shower, leaving only some body wash that was almost empty.

"Laf, this is getting depressing," Peggy pointed out, watching me as I stayed curled up in the only blanket I had left, laying on an empty bed that had no sheets. "You should get up. Let's go out and do something."

"Non," I murmur, closing my eyes. "Je suis bon ici." ("I am good here").

John carefully sat down on the bed. "Laf, I know you're upset, but getting out of bed and adventuring the world would be good for you."

"Plus work is lost without you," Peggy whispers, sitting down next to John. "Aaron misses you like crazy and Samuel is wondering why some of the plants are dying, especially the pink roses, which are your favorite."

"They were my favorite because they were Thomas' favorite," I point out, opening my eyes to look over at my two friends. "Merci, mais je ne veux pas d'aide." ("Thank you, but I do not want help").

Silence was heard throughout the room as I looked away from them. I didn't want to go out to the world. I wanted to stay in my little cocoon all day and keep out of the life I began to live. "Can I invite someone over?" John asked.

Slowly, I nodded. I watched as John left and Peggy followed, confusion written on her face.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

"Gilbert?"

I sat up quickly and looked over at the door to see George Washington standing there, his eyes holding some emotion I couldn't read. "Uh, Mister Washington, sir," I look at him, my face becoming hot because of embarrassment of how I probably look right now. "What are you doing around here?"

"Please, call me George," he tells me, going over to me and sitting next to me on the bed. "I'm here to help you feel better."

John knew of my little crush I had on Washington a while ago, before I dated Thomas Jefferson. I'm guessing I either got over him or I chose to ignore those weird butterfly feelings in my stomach.

I stayed silent, thinking about this all while George sat there, looking at me. "How about you go get yourself showered and ready, then let's go out somewhere. How about that?"

"Je ne sais pas," ("I don't know") I murmur, looking away. "I'm not sure if I'm up for that."

"That's okay. We can head to my work to-"

"Non," I said sternly, looking at the ground with narrowed eyes. "I can't go there. Not right now."

George stayed quiet for a few seconds before a hand was resting on my shoulder. "Go get showered and I'll think of something we can do together."

Hamilton One ShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara