{Jamilton} Freedom of Fighting (2)

▲▽Alexander Hamilton's P.O.V.▼△
★Modern AU ★
★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

"Hamilton, damn it! Listen to me!" Jeffershit called out in front of our debates classmates.

College was rough for me, but high school was worse. I'm just glad to soon graduate and not have to deal with Jeffershit anymore.

"No, you listen to me, Jefferson! You can't just say that flirting isn't cheating when it is!" I responded with the same amount of frustration and anger.

"Both if you, sit down," my adoptive father, Washington, called out to us, which made us both huff in response and sit in our assigned seats. "No more debates. Class dismissed."

Everyone seemed to celebrate for class dismissal, but I stayed in my seat, packing up my laptop and notebook. "Hamilton, you have a problem with flirting with others?" Jefferson started up.

I sighed, zipping up my beaten up bag I've used for many years. "I don't feel like fighting with you anymore than I already have today," I replied quietly, standing up and trying to slip past him to go meet with Laurens, Laf, and Herc in the small coffee shop not far from here. Sadly, Thomas blocked my way.

"Don't feel like fighting, hm? What was that you were saying before?" He teased, trying to argue.

"Let me by," I called out, shoving past him, but my arm was touched by Jefferson's strong grip. I yelped out in pain, trying to tug my arm away as what felt like flames raked up my arm. "Let go!"

Jefferson looked in my eyes with a smirk. "You gonna cry, baby?  You want to run to your mommy?"

I met his glance as my eyes glossed over. "I can't."  He suddenly realized I was in pain and quickly let go of my arm, which gave me the advantage to sprint off. No one called for me, I didn't care. I just wanted to go hide in my dorm without anyone else there.

I found myself hyperventilating as I got to my dorm, texting the boys that I couldn't go for coffee right now. I knew it would make me seem off to the guys, but I needed a small break. I'm quite thankful I shared a dorm with Aaron instead of one of the guys because they'd be right in front of me if they were.

Walking into my dorm, I noticed Aaron left a note on the counter. Something about Theo or something I didn't feel important to read. I walked to my bedroom and shut the door as silently as I could, tossing my bag down. I had only one last class today and it was with Jefferson in it. Stupid Law, I didn't want to go anymore.

I sat on my bed with frustration, knowing I had to get to class in the next hour or so.  I looked up at the ceiling and let the tears finally fall down my face.  I didn't belong here, I didn't have a family.  My family is gone, won't ever come back.

I let out an ugly sob as I scrunched up into a ball on my messed up bed.  Sobs escaped my lips as I remembered everything in my past life, from the hurricane to my mother dying to my father leaving.  Even my brother dying in front of me as the hurricane ran crazily across the Caribbean. 

After a few minutes of calming down, I got up and wiped my face of tears, not even checking on how I looked.  I grab my bag once more and left to go to Law. 

As I walked, I noticed a small coffee shop the Revolutionary Set was going to meet up, but I canceled on them.  It's a bit late now so I could get myself a coffee before getting to class.  So that's what I did.