{Jamilton} My Son (23)

▲▽Alexander Hamilton's P.O.V.▼△
★Modern AU★
★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

I woke up to my son crying, letting me know he's awake.  I crawled out of bed and went to the crib, where small Philip cried.  Was he hungry?  Did I have enough money to get him what he needed?  Sighing, I picked the small crier up and carried him across the small apartment, to the kitchen where I found the last of the formula. 

Philip is my son, he's only 6 months old  and the mother, Eliza, is gone.  Eliza left me and Philip a few months ago.  She left Philip with me.  Now I have hardly any money, plus a son who costs a lot more than just a few dollars. 

I got little Philip eating before I sighed in relief, letting him eat as I leaned on the counter.  I could tell the bags under my eyes got worse as I felt a yawn coming on.  I held it down as I tried to make it so I wasn't that tired.  Then I remembered I canceled on the babysitter because I had no money to spare for the poor woman.  Sighing, I held Philip closer to my chest, wanting to cry but not being able to.

Philip ate quickly and I set the bottle down on the counter.  He smiled at me and made grabby hands towards me.  I couldn't help but smile.  "My Son," I murmured and gently hugged Philip, who giggled in reply. 

Then I got ready for work, getting Philip dressed, too.  I had to bring him with me to work, I hope Washington doesn't mind. 

Soon enough, I had my bag on my back with baby stuff and all my work stuff.  I had Philip in my arms, smiling at me.  I held him close to me as I walked out of the apartment, locking it.  I then started my travel to work.  Philip kept me distracted the entire way, making cute baby noises and playing with my hair that hung in my face.  He even played with the hair tie that was wrapped around my wrist. 

"Mr.Hamilton, good to see you," I heard someone call.  I noticed Burr walk over, smiling to me.  "Oh, you brought your son to work?"

"The babysitter had to leave short notice," I excused, letting him say hi to Philip.  "I'm just hoping it's alright with Washington."

"I'm sure he won't mind.  He loves Philip, doesn't he?" Burr asked as he walked with me to my office. 

"I believe so, but probably won't love him in the work place," I told Burr, looking at Philip nervously as he grabbed Burr's hand, playing with his fingers. 

"Well, Alexander, you have a cute one.  That's for sure," Burr pointed out before leaving Philip and I when we reached my office.  I quietly opened the door and walked in, shutting it behind me.  I then sighed as I walked to my desk, setting Philip on my desk before taking off my bag that weighed too much for my back.  I sat down on my swivel chair and picked Philip up, placing him on my lap. 

I took out my papers and my laptop I needed to work on.  Philip looked at me, waiting for me to pull out a toy I brought for him.  I pulled out his favorite toy, the turtle plush.  John got it for him the day he was born, smiling when Philip fell in love with the dang thing. 

Philip played with it on my desk as I started working on some of the assignments Washington gave me.  Then there was a knock at my door.  "Hamilton, Washington wanted me to tell you-," Jefferson suddenly drifted off, looking at my son as he played with his plush. "Hamilton, why is your son here?"

"My babysitter had something important to do today, and I couldn't find another babysitter last minute," I explained, though I lied about it.