{Jamilton} Distressed (36)

▲▽Alexander Hamilton's P.O.V.▼△
★Modern AU★
★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

Black skies weighed heavily on the air as I ran around, calling to my brother. 

"James!" I'd call, desperate to find my brother through the hurricane.  I strong arm ripped me towards them as a brick wall fell where I once stood.  I fell into mud and I looked to see my brother, his hand on mine.  "James!"

"Let's go," my brother would say, rushing off towards the hill.  The eye of the hurricane began as the showers and dark clouds cleared, the sun brightening on the small, already destroyed town.  "I need you to keep going," my brother stopped, his eyes on mine as I panicked.  "Go find the safest spot and stay there until this is over."

"What about you?" I desperately clung to him, my grip tightening as he fought against me. 

"I need to go find Lucian," James told me, his eyes showing love for the woman.  "Peter will be upset if he finds out Lucian wasn't saved."

I stayed silent as tears fell down my face.  I pulled my brother into a hug and whispered, "I love you.  Stay safe."

"You, too, brother," James let me go, ruffling my long, scraggly hair before turning away and rushing off to the damaged town.  I nodded in his direction and continued on my way to the top of the hill. 

The eye of the hurricane didn't last long as I got to a tree at the top of the tall hill, my eyes finding their way back to the village.  A gust of wind blew strong enough to make me somehow roll down the hill. 

Water surrounded me as I tried to swim back up.  I felt the tightness in my lungs as I desperately flung my arms around in the water, trying to swim back to the top.  I screamed into the water and my lungs filled with water.  I was dragged out and I coughed roughly, watching as my vision was darkening at that moment. 

"Come on, Alex," James murmured, his arm around me as he helped me towards the mountain once more, splashing through rushed water.  I noticed the tears that fell from his eyes that wasn't the rain and I knew what happened to Lucian. 

I cried as I suddenly tripped into more mud.  I looked back to see my brother was stuck by a piece of rubble.  "Alexander, go," James called out, his eyes begging me to go on. 

"B-But-"

"GO!"

I gasped for air as I frantically threw my arms around, my blanket falling from my torso onto my lap.  My eyes watered at the sudden dream I had and I looked over at my roommate.  Thomas Jefferson slept loudly, snoring away in his sleep. 

I got myself up and out of bed, heading to the kitchen where I made a quick coffee.  I drank it slowly and looked out the window as the sun slowly went up. I walked over to the window and sat down in a chair closest to it. I rested my cup on the window sill and looked out at the world as the sun slowly went up, it's rays shining and warming up the city.

Slowly, I noticed the clouds that piled in randomly in the sky as the sun disappeared from my vision, covered in dark grey clouds. The sound of water made me jump from my spot, spinning around to see Jefferson in the kitchen, the sink water running as he filled a glass with the water. I'm guessing we ran out of water bottles.