{Jamilton} August 27 (6)

▲▽Alexander Hamilton's P.O.V.▼△
★Modern AU★
★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

"Did he ask you on a date?" Lafayette asked as I sat in Laf's and Hercules' apartment, the same building as me but a floor above mine. 

I nodded, playing with my coffee by stirring in a bit of sugar and cream I added five minutes ago.  "Wait who asked?" Hercules finally sat down, playing with the sewing machine he used.  He was fixing up a tear in Angelica's dress, since the sisters just got a new puppy. 

"Thomas Jefferson asked Alex on a date, mon amour," Lafayette explained to Hercules as I sipped my coffee.  I wasn't in the mood to talk about this, but I kept silent. 

"Did you say yes?" Hercules asked me expectingly. 

I looked at my coffee, playing with it more.  "I said I'd think about it," I murmured to the two men. 

I could feel their stares as I still wouldn't look at them.  "Mon ami, are you alright?"

I didn't look up as I stood.  "I'm going to go," I said suddenly. 

"Alex, what's wrong?" Hercules pushes as I grabbed my school bag.  I ignored his question as I quickly tried to leave their apartment.  "Alexander," Hercules called again, standing up suddenly.  I said no reply as I left the apartment, rushing downstairs and out the door. 

The sun was hot as a small breeze flew my hair back.  I quickly headed towards the park, thinking if I went there, I'd calm down.  So I quickly made my way to the park. 

Before I knew it, I was under the same tree I met John under.  He fell from the tree and I caught him on accident.  With my body.  We both fell and we became friends after that. 

I looked up at the tree.  Maybe he'd return if I kept hoping, letting him fall against me again.  After a few minutes of hoping, staring up at the tree, I knew he wouldn't return that easily.  I sighed and put my head against the bark of the tree.  I knew this was dumb.  I can't keep hoping he'd return. 

I shook my head and walked on, leaving the tree behind.  I put both straps of my bookbag on my shoulders as I walked through the park, the same route John and I used to go for dates.  He'd always laugh at my jokes, even the stupid ones I didn't try on.  The sun would always make his freckles look like golden stars, shining on his beautiful face as he smiled.  His eyes would crinkle when he truly smiled. 

I missed him. 

I kept going through the route and I got to the top of the small, stone bridge.  I stopped and leaned over the side, looking at the water below.  We'd always stop here to look at the water flow down the small river.  He'd smile and find random, safe things to throw in the water like small sticks or small stones that won't effect the current.  He would always smile when a fish would appear out of no where, but those were rare occasions. 

As I looked down at the water, a small fish swap up the stream, going against the current.  I looked at the fish, knowing they'd have to turn around to make it through the day.  Yet he had the courage to go against the current.  I wish I had that kind of courage. 

I finally moved on from the small fish, letting him be.  I crossed over the bridge and went to the bench where John and I would stop to take a break.  We'd often see an ice cream stand around here and he'd buy us ice cream. We'd work on group projects together for high school.  We'd type and color and write on this bench, returning every day to try to finish it before the sky turned navy blue.