{Jamilton} Eye Of The Hurricane (21)

▲▽Alexander Hamilton's P.O.V.▼△
★Modern AU★
★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

In the eye of the hurricane, there is quiet for just a moment. A yellow sky.

The sky was a beautiful, blue today.  The middle of spring, April 14th.  The sun was shining brightly on my face as I was walking towards the park to meet up with Thomas.

He's been taking me on a few dates, seeing what happens.  After James moved on from him to John, he moved on from James to me.  I really enjoy Thomas' company, even if he is sometimes very annoying. 

I walked to where we usually met and he smiled to me.  He walked towards me and we met in the middle.  "Hi," I murmur.

"Hey," he replied in a hushed tone, a smirk playing on his lips as his eyes searched mine.

"So, uh, what now?" I asked.m

"Coffee?" He suggests and I nod, smiling.

We head to the coffee shop we usually like to go to if we have no where else to go. It was awkward sometimes, but we were slowly getting to the point of where we started to talk a bit more.

He ordered my usual black coffee and sat across from me at a two seated table. I set my school bag on the ground next to my chair, since I just came from one of my college classes. "So I was thinking about this project we were assigned," Thomas started, taking out a paper from his back pocket. He placed it on the table a bit roughly and smiled. "It's just a sketch of the poster I was thinking of making instead of doing a presentation. I hate presentations."

I took it gently from the table and opened the folded paper and noticed the sketch was very detailed, having little arrows pointing to certain places and little notes written everywhere on the paper. "Wow," I murmur, my eyes searching the paper. "You have some pretty good ideas on here. What if you actually added the title to the middle of the paper, though?"

I took out a piece of scrap paper and started to very messily draw the sketch of what he drew. I wrote in the title and had little boxes, showing where certain facts would go. "It would be a bit more organized and maybe a bit of an eye catcher, too."

"Huh, that's pretty smart," Thomas commented as our coffees were given to us by the youngest sibling of the Schuyler sisters. Peggy did a small wave to us before getting back to work. I smiled back at her before turning back to Thomas. "I actually think that might work."

"You can add all your pink sparkles to the words and then the facts can be in black," I teased, pushing his arm slightly.

"Magenta," he corrected me, a smirk planted on his lips. "But sure, that would work. As long as we do this project together. Washington did say we could have at least one partner on it."

"Fine, but I'm doing the other writing. You do the drawing," I demanded, handing his paper and my own scrap piece back to him.

"Deal," he agrees. "We can start it tonight. Your dorm?"

"Sure," I shrugged, having no problem. I heard my phone go off and I checked to see it was Hercules texting me, telling me another class we both had was going to start in 8 minutes. He knew me too well to know I forgot about the last class of my day. "I have to get going. My last class is going to start," I told Thomas.