{Poly!HamilSquad} Family Troubles (31)

▲▽John Laurens' P.O.V.▼△
★Modern AU★
★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

"Father, are you sure you want me to bring my friends along with me to our Thanksgiving dinner?" I asked nervously, one hand holding the phone up to my ear while the other ran through my hair as a nervous habit.

"Of course, sweetie!" My mother cut in, a smile could be heard on her face.  "We want to make you feel comfortable here."

"Thank you, mom," I reply, a smile growing on my face. 

"Any ladies yet, son?" My father spoke up. 

"Uh, no, sir," I told him, straightening my posture, even if he wasn't there to see me. 

"Hm," his hum sounded disappointed, but no one made a comment about it.  "We will see you in two days, then."  With that, he hung up. 

I sighed and placed my phone on my bed, sitting down next to it.  I looked at the door to see Hercules there, his eyes full of worry but his smile trying to hide it.  "I was about to come get you to say food is done," Hercules spoke up. 

"I'll be out in a second," I tell him, trying to wave him off.  Hercules opened his mouth to speak, but closed it and left the room.  I rubbed my face with my hands in a frustrated manner, trying to figure out what to do with my family.

After a bit of silence, I got myself up to my feet and walked to where the other three boys waited. They were all sitting there, talking to each other. Their food was untouched, as was mine, sitting at the table in an empty spot. When the boys saw me, they all turned to me with bright smiles.

"We wanted to wait, mon amour," Lafayette spoke first, his smile not faltering. I noticed Hercules still had that same emotion in his eyes, but didn't show it. "Come, sit! Dinner is all done!"

I sat down in the empty seat and noticed the amount of food on my plate was double of what I usually got. Hercules was looking at his food as he began eating. Alex looked at me in anticipation. I picked up my fork and ate some of the food given to me. Alex was satisfied with that, beginning to eat as well as Lafayette.

The dinner was mostly filled with forks hitting plates and small talk. "How was your day?" spread around the table quite quickly before it landed to me.

"How was your day?" Hercules asked, his eyes finding mine as I was quieter than I usually was.

"Filled with the usual business of the shop," I explained to the boys. "The dresses you put up today sold quite quickly."

"That's wonderful, Hercules!" Lafayette celebrated, his hand finding Herc's. "You sold more dresses!"

"I also got a special order from Angelica. She needs a new dress for Christmas and she needs it before December 20," I explained, handing Herc the index card that was in the back pocket of my pants.

Hercules took the card and nodded. "Anything else today?" Hercules pushes a bit, his eyes not leaving mine.

"Nope!" I quickly replied, my eyes losing his contact and going to my mostly empty plate.

"Are you sure?" He pushes more.

"Hercules," Lafayette warned, his tone sharp.