{Mullette} "I think I'm going to puke" (65)

▲▽Hercules Mulligan's P.O.V.▼△
★Modern AU★
★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

Lams, as I like to call John Laurens' and Alexander Hamilton's relationship, was sitting across me, holding hands and sharing a smoothie. I sat by myself in the booth, a strawberry smoothie sitting in front of me, one straw sadly sitting by itself in it.

"No, you're cute!" John said.

"No way! You win in cuteness," Alex argued playfully.

"You guys are gross," I say, disgusted. "Stop flirting and talk to the third wheel, here."

"Sorry, Herc," Alex said, turning to me with a smirk. "Where's your boyfriend?"

"Uh, nonexistent?" I shrugged.

"Come on, Hercules," John whined, looking around the small restaurant. "Let's find you a guy then."

Alex whispered in John's ear and a smirk appeared on the boy's lips. "Perfect," Alex said with a smirk, as well.

"How about him?" Laurens pointed to a beautiful looking boy, his hair up in a bun, small hairs falling in his face. His dark skin contrasted greatly with his beautiful brown eyes as he read a book, his glasses falling down his cute nose.

"I don't know," I moved the collar of my shirt away from my neck nervously. "He's too good for me."

"Just go, Hercules," Alex encouraged. "He looks lonely by himself."

"And say what?" I asked, turning to the boys with a small glare. "'Oh, I'm Hercules! My friends and I were staring at you across the restaurant and I'm lonely. Put your mouth on mine and be mine'," I made fun, making the boys smirk.

"Is that how you ask someone on a date?"

I froze in my seat, stiffening as I turn to see the beautiful man standing before me, his book in his hand, the other hand on his hip with a sassy smile. "I, uh," I stutter, our eyes making contact.

"Yes! He'll pick you up tomorrow at 8," Alex quickly saved.

A smile of joy brightened his features, his hand falling from his hip. "Perfect! Au revoir," The boy handed me a piece of paper, his number written on it. "See you tomorrow."

"See you," I murmured, watching as he walked away.

I turned back to the boys, their laughs being held in. "That was everything, Herc!" John laughed out.

"I think I'm going to puke."

-

I fixed my tie for the third time, holding a bunch of different colored roses. I finally knocked on the door, my anxiety high enough already. I held up the roses when the door opened, but instantly my hand fell back to my side in shock when I saw the beautiful boy from the restaurant.

The beautiful black dress hugged his curves, the off-the-shoulder long sleeves embracing his muscles. I watched his eyes find mine, the very settle makeup topping the entire outfit. "You look, wow," I murmur, looking at the boy in shock. He smiled brightly, making me fall just a bit deeper for this guy. After a few seconds of staring, I finally realized I had flowers in my hand. "Oh, I got these for you."

I handed him the roses, which he happily took. My heated cheeks must make my entire face red as he put the flowers in water before joining me outside, closing the door behind him. "Where are we heading to?" He asked me softly.

I led him to my car, helping him into the passenger seat before I got into the driver's side. "I was thinking the Italian restaurant, the new one."

"Oh, I've heard of that," he said, smiling. "Let's go then."

I drove as the radio played quiet music in the background. "I'm Hercules, by the way," I introduce.

"Je m'appelle Lafayette," he spoke fluently, making me fall even more.

I smiled at the name. "You have a beautiful name," I said with a smile.

"My full name is Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette."

I was shocked of how he could memorize that long name. "Damn. Still beautiful."

His giggle made me melt a little, almost making me crash while pulling into the restaurant. I pulled into the front of the building, giving my key to the valet. I nodded to him, watching as he got into my car. I walked inside with Lafayette, our arms linked. "A table for Hercules Mulligan."

"Ah, this way," the waitress taking us to our table. I smiled at the joyful boy next to me, watching his eyes sparkle at the, well, everything, around us.

We got to our table and I helped Lafayette into his seat. I sat down in my own, smiling at the boy now across from me.

We got our menus and we sat in awkward silence, not sure what to say to each other. I already knew what I wanted, but I kept the menu in my face, amateurish dating was in my back pocket and that didn't help me whatsoever.

"Hercules," his voice was laced with honey, my heart melting at the sound of his voice. "Are you alright? You look tense."

"I'm alright," I spoke, putting my menu down, almost knocking down the water glass. I quickly caught it, only causing a small spill on the floor. "Um, I may be a little nervous."

Lafayette giggled, watching me with a beam. Soon the waiter walked passed our table, slipping on the water and food flying everywhere. I quickly moved to save Lafayette from getting dirty, stepping in front of him and saving him from the spaghetti sauce.

After the entire situation happened, Lafayette was freaking out about cleaning my suit. "I'm okay, Laf," I say, smiling at the boy. "It's only a little bit of sauce."

A meatball fell from my shirt, making me cringe a bit. "No, let's get you changed," Lafayette leading me out of the restaurant and getting me to the car that was parked out in the lot. He took my keys and got in the driver's side.

"Where do you live?" he asked as he began driving.

I told him my address with a bit of a stutter. He drove quicker, getting to my house very quickly. I kept glancing over at the gorgeous boy, my smile widening.

He pulled into the driveway of my home, getting out of the car as I did. He helped me into the house and I let him sit on the couch while I went upstairs, changing quickly into something less formal, but still looking good.

I rushed to the washer in the basement, throwing the suit into the wash and quickly starting it, adding fluid before going back to where Lafayette sat. "Thank you, Laf," I say to him, watching as he stood up. "I'm sorry, this night was a bit of a mess."

"It was fun!" Laf laughed, my eyes looking into his brown ones. "I enjoyed your company. I say we have another date, but not as fancy, oui?"

I felt my heart flutter at this, a goofy smile planted on my lips. "Yes, please."

He smiled, kissing my cheek. "Can you take me home?"

"Oh, of course!"

-

"So then we ended up dating after the third date," I explained to the group in front of me, holding hands with my boyfriend, Lafayette. "He's great."

"You guys are so cute!" Peggy gushed, getting in our faces.

"I think I'm going to puke," Alex said, making me roll my eyes.

"Now you know how I feel," I reply.

-----

Published: 6-29-19
Word Count: 1204 - honestly not long enough. Sorry :( -