{Jeffmads} Baby Steps (13)

▲▽James Madison's P.O.V.▼△
★Modern AU★
★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

"Thomas, stop it!" I complained as I pushed the plate of food away.  I finished my first plate of food and Thomas was trying to get me to eat more.  He knew I wasn't full. 

"Jemmy, please at least take another bite," Thomas mumbled, picking up the fork off of my full plate and taking some rice in it, trying to feed it to me like I'm a child.  I shot him a glare and he sighed, setting the fork down.  "Okay, I'll leave the leftovers in the fridge for later."

I rolled my eyes as he did as he said he would.  I looked down at my stomach, wanting to just get rid of what hung out too far for my liking.  I gently placed my hands there and tried to squish in the fat, wanting to get rid of it.  "Jemmy?"

"Yes?" I called back to Thomas, removing my hands quickly.

"Do you want me to do the dishes?" He asked, looking at me as I got out of the chair in the dining room.

"I can do them if you don't feel like it," I told him. My brown eyes searched his dark brown ones before I found my way over to where he stood. "Tommy?"

"Yes, baby?" He murmured, one of his hands finding my cheek, caressing it gently.

I looked away for a moment before I found his eyes again. "I want to go to the gym. Every day."

Thomas was taken aback. "The gym? Why?"

"I want to lose weight," I said honestly.

Thomas hugged me. "But I love your body. I love you," He mumbled, finding my eyes once more.

"I know, but I don't feel happy in this body," I replied.

He took a deep breath. "Okay. We can both go to the gym. Right after work. How about that?"

I smiled and hugged him tightly. "Thank you."

"No need to thank me. I want what makes you happy," Thomas murmurs and kisses the top of my head. I giggle.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I looked at the gym in front of me, giant letters spelling out 'Planet Fitness'. I looked at Thomas who smiled at me. "Ready to go in?" He asked softly. I nodded, no words coming out of my mouth. Then we walked in.

The first thing I noticed was the amount of people in the room. I took Thomas' hand and clung to his arm. I nervously looked at the other people as some minded their own business, doing their workout without even noticing me. Others stared at me, probably wondering what I'm doing here because I'm chubby and 'too lazy' to be here.

"Jemmy, are you alright?" Tommy asked softly, his hand squeezing mine as I looked around at the people.

"Mhm," I nod as I hummed quietly, not finding Thomas' eyes as he led me towards the back of the room.

"Baby steps, baby," Thomas murmured softly to me before saying, "I hope you don't mind, but I got both of us a trainer." I noticed a woman standing in the back, talking to a man. The woman's muscles seemed to show more as she placed her hands on her hips, laughing at the man who probably said a joke. She wore a tight tank top and yoga pants that fit her comfortably, but tightly. Her blonde hair was placed into a tight ponytail and her blue eyes were striking as they found my brown ones.