Chapter One-Hundred and Two

I hold Rose in my arms as she continues to hang onto Afia, the elephant. 

Rose fixes her blue mask, making sure it stays on her.

I frown. I hate doing this to my kids but American paparazzi is terrible. Africa was almost like a getaway from it all. I didn't have to face the press so much. America has no respect for my privacy. I don't want my children in the light, not now. Rose is only three, she shouldn't be in the light. I may not be able to protect my own privacy but I should be able to protect my children's privacy. 

"Are you happy to see mama again?" I ask Rose in her ear, trying to distract her from the lights and cameras.

Rose smiles at me, "Yes, daddy." She sweetly says.

I grin as we walk closer to the car.

"Michael! Michael! Where is Mia? Are you two at a rough patch again?"

"Michael, are you and Mia getting a divorce?"

"Were you cheating on her in Africa?"

"Michael, can we see your daughter?" 

"Michael, did you go back to Africa in hope for your skin color?" I cringe.

Dammit, just leave me alone! 

"Michael! Michael!" They continue to call my name.

We finally approach the car. I gently place Rose in the car, letting her slide onto her little seat of her's.

I scoot in the car, slamming the door closed.

I sigh, laying back. Finally.. Some peace and quiet. I close my eyes.

"Well, hey you two!" A sweet voice rings in the car.

I gasp, opening my eyes to see Mia turned around in the front seat.

She smiles widely at me.

"Mommy!" Rose squeals, jumping up and down in her seat.

Mia chuckles. "Baby, you can hug me when we get home, alright?" She says, gently touching Rose's knee.

My eyes widen as I stare at her. 

Mia smirks at me, "I've left you speechless, didn't I?" She giggles.

I chuckle, "Y-Yeah.." I shyly say, feeling my face heat up.

I blink a few times. "I'm just surprised to see you here! It's late, Mia." I say.

Mia shrugs, "April is fast asleep, it's only a quick drive." She says.

"Mia, you left April all by herself?!" I exclaim.

Mia sighs, "Michael, it's fine. It's honestly not a long drive from here. She's not sick anymore so she can sleep peacefully.. She hasn't been able to sleep that much." She says.

I frown. "Alright.." I say, not feeling so sure.

I scan Mia. She looks the same at least. 

Mia's face turns red as she starts to hide more on the chair. 

I smirk, "What?" I chuckle.

Mia stares at me, "I don't like to be stared at, Michael. You know that.." She shyly says.

I smirk, "I'm your husband, aren't I?" I smile.

Mia smirks, glancing at Rose.

"Oh baby, look at that pretty little elephant you've got! What's it's name?" She smiles, touching the toy.