Chapter Twenty-One

Two Months Later.   

I sighed, waddling around the apartment.

God dammit, Kevin. Why do you have to make such a mess? I groaned picking up Kevin's dirty clothes from when he worked.

I sighed, throwing it in the pile of laundry.

There was a light knock on the door.

I sighed, slowly walking towards the door.

I slowly opened the door.

Janet smiled widely at me.

"Goodness, Mia! You're about to pop!" She giggled.

I smirked, "I know, I'm thirty-nine weeks, Janet! Thirty-nine!" I said, rubbing my stomach.

Janet giggled, "Can I come inside?" She politely asked.

I nodded, moving back to let Janet inside.

"I'm sorry for the mess. It's all Kevin's." I said, closing the door as Janet walked in.

"Oh, it's alright!" Janet smiled.

I sighed, "I'm cleaning it up the best I can... Hey, Janet." I said, looking at her.

"You know, I only have a week until this baby is born." I smiled.

Janet smirked, "Yeah, and only a few more weeks until Michael comes home!" She squealed, nudging my arm.

I giggled, "I know! I can't wait until he meets this little one." I cooed, rubbing my stomach.

Janet smiled brightly, "He's thrilled, Mia! Whenever he calls me all he ever talks about is you!" She chucked.

I felt my face warm up, "Yeah.. He always does ask about the baby and all." I softly said.

Janet smirked, "I know he loves you, Mia." She teased.

I smirked, "Stop it, Janet.. I'm with Kevin." I said.

Janet sighed, "Yeah, Yeah, but does Kevin have the best selling album ever?" Janet said.

I blushed, "No, but that doesn't matter to me, Janet. Kevin and I are about to become parents.." I explained.

Janet frowned, "Things would've turned out differently, huh?" She asked, looking at me.

I raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?" I softly asked.

Janet shrugged, "If you didn't have the baby then you and Michael would've been together." She explained.

I gasped, "Janet! Please, don't talk about my baby like that!" I scolded.

Janet laughed, "Oh, come on, Mia. The baby isn't even here!" She pointed out.

I smirked, "He can still hear you!" I chuckled.

Janet smirked, "You mean She." 

I shook my head. "Nope." 

Janet chuckled. "Yes."

"No."

"Yes.

"Janet."

"Mia."

"It's a boy, Janet."

"It's a girl, Mia."

"No."

"That's what Michael says and that's what I think.." She teased.

I squinted my eyes at her.