Chapter Eighty

"Oh my god!" I cry out.

"How am I such an idiot!" I gasp, getting up from my chair.

I run down the hallway, walking towards our bedroom.

"Michael?!" I cry out.

I open out bedroom door. "Michael, babe, I'm really sorry!" I quietly say.

I feel myself start to shake as I watch Michael packing.

"B-Babe? W-What are you doing?" I quietly ask.

Michael snarls at me, "I've been calling everyone to see where you were today, Mia. I gave you a simple set of instructions and you won't even tell me where you went." He growls.

"I can't say it though." I loudly say.

Michael's head snaps towards me. "I know where you went. I didn't want to believe it but I know." He growls.

I furrow my eyebrows.

Michael stands straight, stepping away from his suitcase. "You were at the local jail visiting Kevin." He spat.

My eyes widen, "Michael! I would nev-"

"STOP LYING!" Michael shouts.

"I'M SICK OF THIS! WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME, MIA!? I'M YOUR HUSBAND! DO YOU NOT FUCKING UNDERSTAND THE DAMN THINGS THAT BASTARD DID TO YOU!?" Michael yells.

I start to cry, "Michael, I needed peace! I had to!" I cry.

Michael scoffs, "Right and have to go back to Brooke Shields..." He forces a laugh as he continues to back his suitcase.

I stare at him, "What are you doing, Michael?" I raise my voice.

Michael closes his suitcase, "I'm getting out of here." He says, pushing me to the side.

My heart races even more, "Michael, you can't leave me!" I cry, rushing towards him.

Michael walks faster, "Watch me." He angrily says, putting his coat on.

I cry harder, "Please, Michael!" I beg.

"I'll never do this again! I didn't want to remember him the way I saw him last year!" I cry.

"He's changed, Michael! I swear I'll never see him again!" My words start to mumble together as I cry harder.

Michael stares at me, "If he's changed then you should've married him and not me. I don't see why I keep trying with you." He glares at me, opening the front door.

I bite my lip, furrowing my eyebrows. "B-Because you love me?" I squeak.

Michael stares at me. Rain drops fall loudly outside. It somewhat blends with my tears.

Michael bites his lip as his eyes start to water. "Check the table. I'm keeping the kids for as long as I'm gone." He lowly says.

I cover my mouth as I cry harder. "Please!" I beg.

Michael clears his throat, "Happy one year anniversary." He growls, walking out the front door.

Michael slams the front door.

Before I know it, I hear a car zoom off. It's tires rubbing harshly against the ground.

I place my hand on my chest, slowly sitting down on the cold floor.

Oh my god, Mia.. What the hell have you done? I cry harder.

"AHHH!!!" I scream loudly, pounding my fists as hard as I could on the white floors.

"GOD DAMMIT!" I cry loudly, hitting my fists more.

I sniffle, wiping my tears away harshly.

Check the table, Mia. I think to myself as I slowly get up from the floor.

My breathing staggers as I try to calm myself down.

I slowly walk down the hallway, walking back into the dinning room.

I switch a light on, blowing the candles out.

I bite my lip, looking at the table.

A pink card in front of my seat.. I gulp, sitting down.

I gently pick the pink card up. I quickly opening the card up.

For The Love of My Life, Mia May Gordy Jackson.  I blush, opening the card up.

To my beautiful wife, Mia.

I thank God everyday that you are mine and mine forever. I've loved you since the beginning of time. I know I've told you that so many times but I mean it. I'll never get tired of saying it and I'll never get tired of calling you beautiful. Your beauty strikes me by surprise. You're so unique as an artist and with children. It amazes me and makes me wonder how God could have ever created such a perfect human. Nobody is perfect, even our marriage isn't always perfect, but it's all about the love in the end. And my gosh, Mia.. I'll love you and our children for eternity. Michael, Rose, April and our other little one in heaven that I will name Stella. I will forever cherish this year of marriage and our friendship since the Sixties. So, my gift to you is this invitation that Julliard School is willing to give you.... May we last in many more years of love and happiness.

Forever yours,

Michael Joseph Jackson. He signed it with a heart.

I bite my lip, grabbing the small note in the card.

I squint my eyes, reading the small note.

Mia Jackson,

You are invited to attend in Julliard's annual Dancing Performances. For you: Ballet.

We advise you that this performance will be taking place in January 24th, 1990 at eight o'clock PM. Please invite as many guests as you'd like. You will be dancing as a soloist after our sophomores perform. You will also be announced as our Guest of Honor for the night of this event. Please take care and practice hard! Don't forget to drink water and do those stretches!

Congratulations,

Julliard School, New York, New York.

I slowly place the invitation on the table as my eyes widen.

"Oh god.." I whisper, rubbing my eyes.

"I'm such a jackass.." I frown.

Does Michael want me to perform? This is in New York though.. What if he takes Neverland and my kids away from me while I perform! Oh gosh, don't think like that! Michael would never do that! He's too sweet.. Michael is so sweet that even when he's pissed off at me, he's able to tell me he left a present for me.

Michael knows how much I wanted to go to Julliard School and look at me now.

Sure, I won't be studying there but they are allowing me to perform! That's a one lifetime opportunity! Michael wouldn't have told me if he didn't want me to perform, right?

Oh gosh.. This is only in a week! What the hell am I going to do? I sniffle.

I can't think about dancing at the moment after the night I'm having. 

I place my hand on my stomach, feeling it growl.

I also can't eat after the night I just had... I sigh, getting up from my chair.

Just pray to God and it'll be alright, Mia. I walk out of the dinning room as I slowly head down the hall.

I walk inside my bedroom.

Alone again.. Remember the hell I went through the last time Michael left? I wish he didn't run away from our problems because someday I won't be able to fight back. 

Thankfully, that day is not today.