Chapter Eighty-One

I stare outside, staring at all the empty rides in Neverland.

Michael would've been begging me to ride these again. I frown.

Every night the lights all around Neverland go on bright but they still don't fill my heart with joy ever since Michael left.

It's also been so gloomy ever since he left. He better be taking good care of my babies. I need to see them soon. He can't just take them away from me. I gulp, putting some classical music back on.

I reach down and touch my toes.

I've been training for a few days now. Let's just say this, I only have three more days until the performance. Tomorrow I'm flying to New York to get myself settled and to talk about the schedule. What I wear, when I come in, etc. I'm just worried about what's going to happen when I get home.

I mean, will I still be all by myself? If I am then I'm going to beg Mi- I don't even know where Michael is to begin with.. I'm just worried he's going to ask for a divorce or something. I keep screwing things up for us and it's ruining our marriage! 

I walk over and turn the classical music off again.

I grab a paper and pen and start writing.

Dear Kevin Brown,

As a married woman, I don't believe it's appropriate for me to be seeing you again. I know, I only saw you in prison. Please understand that you're my ex. This isn't appropriate at all and it was a mistake to see you or even call about you in the first place. I don't believe I'll be visiting again, but I'm sure you'll see me somewhere on TV like you said before. I can't promise I'll write you letters either. It's just for my marriage's sake. Please understand I don't hate you. You can write to me anytime you'd like, I'll give you that exception. I just can't promise that I can easily write back to you with my husband in the house.

Please take care of yourself, Kevin.

Sincerely,

Mia Jackson. I sign.

I sigh, putting the letter in an envelope. I'll drop this off on my way to the airport tomorrow. Late flight and all. 

A knock suddenly echos in my empty home.

I frown, getting up from my seat. "Who could it be this time.." I sigh, rushing towards the door in my ballet outfit.

I swing open the door.

Janet smiles widely at me, "Hey, Mia! It's been a while!" She chuckles, hugging me.

I weakly smile, "Hey, Janet." I quietly say.

Janet walks inside the home, allowing me to shut the door.

"How have you been?" I quietly ask.

Janet grins, "I've been great! I'm surprised I was able to get a little break and be here because of Rhythm Nation 1814!" She chuckles.

I smile, "I know! That's one of your best albums, Jan! Seriously." I grin.

Janet blushes, "Yeah.. I've certainly made a name for myself this time." She giggles.

I smirk.

"A lot of people wanted an album like Control but that's not what I wanted." She explains.

"I wanted something I believed in and really felt strong about. The more I worked on this album, the more I stuck to it!" She grins.

I smile, "It's going to get you far, Janet." I say.