Chapter Forty-Nine

I smiled to myself, stretching in the comfort of my own bed again.

I slowly sat up, yawning as I looked to my left.

Michael isn't here? Wonder where he went off to.. I frowned.

I slowly got out of bed, smoothing my silk pajamas straight. I stood up straight as I walked proudly out of the bedroom.

Suddenly I heard a bunch of noise coming from the nearest living-room.

I peeked around the corner, listening carefully.

"Oh, my baby is getting married!" I heard Katherine cry happily.

He told them?! Well.. Okay, Mia.. They are his parents. They deserve to know as soon as possible.

Even though it just happened a few days ago, they needed to know soon.

Just wish I was there to tell them as well... 

I blushed as I watched Michael's parents surround him.

"Michael, are you sure you want to be doing this?" Joseph smirked.

Michael's jaw went down, "Joseph, of course! I love Mia!" He blushed wildly.

I smirked.

"Joe, we've talked about this many times before. Our babies are grown up." Katherine sternly said.

"I know, I know. I'm just messin' with Michael." Joseph smiled, patting Michael's shoulder with pride.

Michael smiled as he noticed me.

"Oh, Mia! I'm glad you're up!" He chirped, rushing towards me as he hugged me warmly.

I smirked, kissing his cheek. "Morning, baby." I shyly said.

Katherine clapped her hands together as she rushed towards me.

"Oh Mia, you're going to make such a beautiful bride!" She smiled widely at me, looking at me up and down.

I blushed, "T-Thank you, Kat-"

Katherine gave me a warning look, "Call me mom!" She smiled.

I chuckled, "Thank you, uh.. Mom." I awkwardly said.

"Yeah, um.. Congratulations." Joseph smiled at me warmly.

I blushed. Joseph isn't the easiest person to get along with. I'm just glad I can.... Kind of. 

"Thank you." I smiled.

"We should start planning your wedding right away! La Toya can help you, oh, and Janet!" Katherine grinned.

Michael gently pulled me by my waist closer to him.

I looked up at him as we smiled at each other.

"Um, mom.." Michael awkwardly said, looking at Katherine.

"We're not having a wedding." He stated.

Katherine gasped, "What?!" 

Joseph smirked, "Good.. The last thing we need is to pay for a huge wedding." He mumbled.

Katherine gently whacked his arm. "What do you mean, baby?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

I smirked.

"Mia and I talked about it last night, mom. We're just going to dress up and get married at court." He gently said.

Katherine frowned, "Seeing my baby get married is a big thing for me to see, Michael." She sternly said.

Michael softly chuckled, "You can still go! It's just going to be... Um.. Different." He slowly said.