Chapter Thirty

"Alright, baby.." I cooed, helping Mike figure his shapes out.

He may not be able to hear me but I don't care.

"Let's try that again." I smirked, handing the shapes to Mike.

Mike stared at the board intensely, placing a square in the square hole.

I smiled widely, "Yay, Mickey!" I giggled, clapping my hands.

Mike giggled as he watched me cheer.

"Try another one, baby." I cooed, pointing to the triangle.

Mike stared at the board again intensely, grabbing the triangle piece.

He was silent for a moment as he tried fitting the triangle into the circle.

I softly sighed, "No, no, baby. Try again." I cooed, pointing to the triangular hole again.

It's been a few months since Michael was here.

Sadly the last memory I'll ever have of him is our fight. It's been hell since then.

Kevin went back into cocaine becoming addicted again. Thankfully, he didn't force me into doing drugs this time.

I haven't tried to get a hold of Michael at all since he left for his Bad World Tour. Why? I haven't found the words to say to him.

Sure I want to say sorry to him by the way I acted but I meant every word. He at least deserved the truth.

You know, Michael always used to ask me for the truth when it came to my life... And the one time I give it to him he flips out.

I think this'll be a good break for the both of us. It hurts me not being able to see Michael everyday but I've been through this before with him.

Just not two whole years.

There was a sudden knock on the door.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Kevin shouldn't be back from work yet.. I thought, getting up from the floor.

I walked towards the door, quickly opening it.

My eyes widened as a smile grew upon my face.

"Janet!" I chirped, hugging Janet tightly as she smiled widely at me.

"Mia, I've missed you so much!" She giggled.

I smirked, "I've missed you too, how was the tour?" I asked her, closing the front door as we walked towards Mike.

Janet shrugged, "It was amazing!" She chuckled.

Janet glared at Mike, "Wow.. He's gotten taller!" She giggled.

I smirked, "He's three, Janet. Mike's gotta grow." I chuckled.

Janet smirked, placing one hand on my shoulder.

I glanced up at her.

"You know, Michael told me everything that happened while I was gone.." She softly said.

I sighed, staring at the ground.

"Janet, I-"

"I'm sorry to hear about Mike's condition." She said.

I raised an eyebrow. It's not about Michael? That's a first.

I softly sighed, forcing a small smile. "It's alright, Janet. I'm teaching Mike things, he'll get through it." I said, looking at Mike.

Janet leaned closer to me, "Michael also told me about your fight.." She softly said.

I sighed loudly, dragging my feet against the floor as I walked towards the couch.