Chapter Sixty-Seven

"So, Mr. Jackson." The reporter, Diane Sawyer, smiles at Michael, crossing her legs.

"What's it like being married? I mean, the world knew Mia and you are close. We just didn't know you two were that close. Why did you keep it away from the public?" Diane asks.

Michael smirks, "We kept our relationship private because Mia is a very special lady of mine." He blushes.

"As special as Diana?"  Diane asks.

I frown, crossing my arms as I wait back stage. 

She means Diana Ross...Of course. I roll my eyes.

"Diana is a different type of special for me. She's still is close to me. Just.... A little distant." Michael gently says.

"How did you know Mia was the one?"  Diane smiles.

"What makes her special?" She adds.

Michael smirks, looking up. "Well.." He lets out a chuckle.

"Goodness, you can see now what Mia does to me!" He exclaims, smiling more.

I smirk, feeling my face heat up.

"She makes me smile so much." Michael simply says, laying his hands on his lap.

Diane raises an eyebrow, "How come? Is that all?" She smirks.

Michael shakes his head, "Of course that's not all." He smirks.

"Just watching a girl can give me the best reason to smile." He grins.

"Girls are something very special. I've always known that. You got to treat them that way too. That's why I don't always stare at Mia directly. I used to but I learned something from that. Girls, like Mia, begin to fidget, wondering if her hair's messed up or if her make-up is smeared. It's like going to an art gallery." Michael smiles.

"If you look at the painting just right way, you get the most out of it!" Michael chuckles.

I feel my heart flutter. That's so sweet. I smile, trying to hide my excitement. 

"Now, back to my other question, how did you know Mia was the one?" Diane asks again.

Michael smirks, cupping his hands together. 

"Mia understands me so well. We've known each other our whole lives! I just know how she is, she knows how I am.. I love her. I am madly in love with my wife!" Michael smiles widely.

I cover my mouth, trying to hide my huge grin.

Oh my gosh.. I feel my face heat up.

"The way she walks. I can tell a lot by the way Mia walks. If she's happy or sad-if she's proud of who she is. Mia was in a rough patch before me. I wanted to just rush over and wrap my arms around her! And you know what? I did. That's how Mia became my girl. Seeing her face all the time-Well.. It's like my favorite dessert after a fine meal!" He chuckles.

"I can tell by a lot of Mia's body language how she is with me. If she's comfortable or not. Her eyes just shine with happiness and love. I can easily tell when her eyes become cloudy that something is wrong. Her lips-" He smiles, staring up in the sky.

"Mia's lips are just perfection. I can tell if her smile is hiding something- The things like, a secret, happiness, sadness. I've known Mia for over twenty years! I know how she is. I just know by heart that she's the one!" Michael grins, softly chuckling.

I feel my eyes water up a little.

Oh boy, Michael.. What do you do to me? I grin.

"I never thought I'd meet someone like Mia. I never thought I'd meet the one. I've known her since I was about seven, so, hear me out." Michael becomes serious.

"Mia was always in a relationship before I got a chance to say anything to her... Mia has only been in one relationship before me. You see? That was with Kevin. I've wanted Mia for so long. I've wanted her to be mine and mine only for so long. Just.." Michael sighs.

"It's so hard to explain how much I loved her then and still do now." He grins.

"Before Mia, it was sometimes hard for me to look my dates in the eyes even I did know them! My relationships before Mia never really ended with a happy ending. Something always seemed to have gotten in the way. The things I share with millions of people aren't the sort of things you just share with one. Many girls wanted to know what makes me tick- why I live the way I live or do the things I do - trying to get inside my head. They wanted to rescue me from my loneliness, but they do it in such a way that they give me the impression they want to share my loneliness, which I wouldn't wish on anybody, because I did at one point believe I was the loneliest person in the world." Michael frowns slightly.

"Mia knew, she always tried to help me. That's the way we work. We always tried to help each other and drag each other out of the holes we dug." Michael says.

"Do you still get lonely at times?"  Diane asks.

Michael shakes his head, "No. Only when I'm not with Mia." He smirks.

Diane nods, "A few weeks ago we saw all these rumours that you and Mia were divorcing. Please explain to me what was going on then?" She kindly asks.

Michael frowns, "That's very private but no, we never even discussed of getting a divorce." Michael sternly says.

"Married couples fight, you know? It's normal, it's apart of the relationship! Mia and I aren't perfect because no one is perfect." Michael explains.

"What kind of married man doesn't wear his wedding ring then?"  Diane interrupts.

Michael sighs.

I can tell he's getting irritated from the reporter already.. 

"You can't believe everything you see on the television. I always wore my ring." He says, lying.

I frown. Michael doesn't like to lie but it's times like this he has to..

I understand. 

"So you were wearing your ring?"  Rebecca asks.

"Yes!" Michael exclaims.

Diane smirks, "I do have one last question for you before you leave, Mr. Jackson." She kindly says.

Michael nods, sitting up more in his chair.

Diane clears her throat, reading from her notes. "Is Mia pregnant?" She asks.

My eyes widen. I start to feel my face heat up even more.

Oh my gosh, Michael don't. 

"Um.." Michael blushes as a huge grin spreads across his face.

Diane raises an eyebrow, "It's not a hard question, Mr. Jackson. Is she pregnant?" She asks again.

I bit my lip, crossing my arms.

"Well.." Michael looks up.

She wasn't supposed to ask that damn question. 

"Mr. Jackson, it's just a simple yes or no q-"

"Can I say I don't know?" Michael says, looking at her.

My eyes widen more. Michael! 

Diane smiles, "How do you not know?"

Michael's eyes widen, "Wait, wait! That's not what I meant!"

"Well, you did just say it." Diane smirks.

"No, wait!" Michael laughs.

"I didn't mean that!" He laughs more.

I cover my face. Oh my god.. 

"Then what do you mean, Mr. Jackson?" Diane asks, waiting.

I stare at Michael intensely.

Michael clears his throat, tapping his feet. 

Boy, you better not. We did not discus this. We don't even know, Michael. You should've left it at that.

Michael smiles widely.

I swear to g- 

"She's pregnant"