Prologue

1965

Mia's POV: 

"Come on, Michael!" I squealed, running towards the dock.

Michael and I have been best friends ever since he moved here to California. My father, Berry Gordy, helped Michael and his brothers make it to fame. My sister, Hazel, has had her eyes on Michael's brother, Jermaine, for quite some time. I think they are gonna fall deeply in love with each other. I can just see it in their eyes. 

"Coming!" Michael yelled, running towards me.

I stared out to the sunset.

"Isn't it pretty, Michael?" I said in awe, pointing to the sun setting.

Michael smiled, "It's not as pretty as you." Michael smirked.

I giggled, playfully hitting his chest. "You know you're not smooth enough for me." I said, blushing.

Michael smirked, leaning against the dock. "Is that right?" He bit his lip.

I chuckled, "Knock it off, Michael!" 

Michael laughed, "Your father has done so much for us. How come you don't like him?" Michael curiously asked.

I sighed, "He pays attention to Hazel and everyone else. I'm just another seven year old to him." I shrugged.

"Well, I'm seven too, Mia." Michael said.

I glared at him, "Yeah, but you have talent." I mumbled.

Michael sighed, wrapping one arm around me. "You have talent too, Mia." He softly said.

I looked at him, "Really?" I crossed my arms.

"Like what?" I said with an attitude.

Michael smirked, letting go of me. "I've seen you dance, Mia. You're amazing!" He said.

I smirked, "It's just dancing, Michael.. Anybody can dance" I shyly said.

Michael scoffed, "No one can dance like you!" He nudged me.

I giggled.

"You're a ballet dancer, Mia. You feel it, that's why it's special!" Michael said.

I started blushing, "Okay, maybe I do have talent." I shyly admitted.

Michael chuckled, "You should know that."

I smirked, "Thanks, Michael." I hugged him tightly.

"Of course, we're best friends. You've been there for me, and I'll always be there for you." Michael said.

I let go of Michael, "And you said you've never had a friend before?" I asked.

Michael sighed, "Yeah.." He sadly said.

"Aw.." I tilted my head.

"My dad had my brothers and I working for the group all the time. He wouldn't let us play much." Michael shrugged.

"I can see that, Michael. I've known you for a few years now" I smiled.

"But I have you! That's all I need!" Michael smiled widely at me.

I chuckled, "Good, 'cause that's all you're gettin'!" 

Michael giggled.

"MICHAEL!" We suddenly heard Joseph, Michael's father, yell.

Michael and I jumped as we turned around.

"Yeah?!" Michael yelled back.

"Get in here! We're having guests over later!!" Joseph yelled.

Michael sighed, "I'll see you tomorrow, Mia." Michael said, kissing my cheek.

I blushed, "Bye Michael" I cooed.

"Bye" Michael smiled at me before running back into his home.

Michael's home is only next to mine, so it was fine for us to see each other. 

I turned around and stared at the sunset. It's so beautiful.. 

"MIA!" I heard my father yell.

I gasped, Oh no! 

I quickly turned around and saw father stomping towards my direction.

"I told you to be at home by sunset, look what you've done!" He grabbed my wrist hard.

"I'm going to be late for my damn meeting thanks to you!" He shouted, dragging me back home.

"Ow! Daddy, that hurts!" I cried from the pain in my wrist.

"Well too bad! You need to get used to pain in your lifetime!" Dad shouted.

I whimpered.

Dad threw me inside the home, "Now go upstairs and practice! If you ever want to be as talented as those Jackson's, you need to practice!" He shouted.

I bit my lip, trying to stop my crying.

"Okay" I whimpered, getting up from the floor.

"I'll be needing to change your diet soon. You're starting to get some meat on those bones." Dad spat.

I ran upstairs to my room, slamming my door.

I ran onto my bed and cried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: In reality, Berry didn't have a daughter named Mia. I'm making it so he only has two children, in real life he has more. I don't think Berry was mean in real life, but this story is different. Enjoy!