Chapter Thirty-Four

I don't know how to feel at this point in this situation.

Depressed, angry, lonely..

Everything.

My baby boy.... Gone

He had such a short life. Michael Joseph Brown..  My three years of joy. He'll forever be my pride. I'll never forget his giggle. Mike was always a happy boy. Playing with his toys, laughing, never a bother. He was such a blessing to have..

Michael never got to know what love was. We were never able to cure him so that he could hear once again. Michael never got to have his first kiss and go to school. He'll never be able to get a job and go through life as a beautiful man. He'll never have children.

Now he's in Heaven with his other sibling.

Lord, take care of my babies...

I held the blanket around my closer as I sat on the sidewalk in front of the apartment.

It's been a few hours and police are still investigating the scene. 

"I think it's pretty obvious that man doesn't need a trial." I heard a police-man say to another.

"Indeed.. I feel sorry for... Her." The other policeman said, glancing at me.

I stared at the ground, pretending I didn't hear them.

The policeman sighed, "Yeah.. Rough night for her, huh? Pretty gory too.." The man mumbled.

I heard footsteps run my way.

"Sir, this is a private investigation." The police officer explained.

"I know! I know! She's my best friend!" A voice said in the distance.

The police officer gasped, "Are you-"

"Yes! Please, let me through!" The man frantically said.

I heard footsteps run closer to me, stepping in front of me.

I cringed, staring at the ground. "Stop!" I cried.

"Mia, it-"

I fell to my knees, gently placing my hand on the cement.

"You're stepping on my baby's blood! You bastard, get off!" I cried loudly, pushing him.

I heard him gasp as he knelt beside me.

"Mia.." He softly said.

I felt my heart ache as I started to recognize his voice.

"Michael..." I whispered.

I looked at him, "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be on tour?" I softly asked.

Michael sighed, "I have a month until I go to Kansas City. I heard the news and rushed over here. M-My god, M-Mia. I-" Michael stopped himself as he covered his face, starting to cry.

"I-I should've been there! I-I should've-"

I stopped Michael, "Enough, Michael." I softly said.

"This isn't your fault.. I-It's mine." I softly said, feeling tears stream down my face.

"How is it yours?" Michael softly said, holding me close to him.

"Kevin flipped out when I accused him of-" I stopped myself.

I can't tell Michael about my disease...

Not yet. 

"Um.. When I told him I-I was pregnant again.." I softly said, feeling guilty.