Chapter Forty-One

"Alright, Mia. Let's see how you're doing." Debbie smiled as I sat down.

I slowly nodded, taking my jacket off.

"Now, Mia.. You do realize I have to inject you with Trimetrexate every three days, right?" Debbie checked with me as she got the needle ready.

I nodded.

"Then in three days I have to inject you with Leucovorin, which will protect the Trimetrexate. We're giving you a smaller dosage because you're pregnant. We don't want to risk getting your baby in trouble. Understand?" Debbie asked.

I nodded.

"Trimetrexate does come with side-affects though, I will tell ya. You could get a fever up to 105. Nausea- though being pregnant you probably get that anyway." She smirked.

"Yellow skin or eyes, swelling, hotheadedness- I'll be sure to tell Michael that. Bruising may be involved, so-" I stopped Debbie.

"I get it, thank you." I kindly said.

Debbie smirked, injecting me with the Trimetrexate. "You're a tough girl, Mia." She smiled at me.

"I don't think you'll get a lot of side-affects from this, since you've had this injection before." Debbie explained.

I blushed, "I hope I don't. Also, I'm not that tough." I said.

Debbie smirked, "You're fighting a new disease, having a baby and you're on tour. You're a powerful woman, I admire that." Debbie smiled.

I smirked, "Thank you." I shyly said.

Debbie looked at me once she was done with the injection. She leaned closer to me. "Did you ever tell Michael yet?" She softly asked.

I frowned, "Not yet.. I need to find the right moment to.." I said.

Debbie softly sighed, "You better do that before you have this baby. Why? Because once this baby is born he or she will be checked for HIV. And I highly doubt we could hide those testings from Michael." Debbie said, leaving the dressing room.

I frowned, "You could say that again.." I mumbled, rubbing my arm.

I heard a knock on the door. "Come in!" I said.

The door opened, "Mia, you're on in five." The man said.

I smiled, "Thank you." I said, getting up from my chair. 

I stared at myself in the mirror, taking deep breaths. Just breathe, Mia. You've been doing this for a few weeks now. It's nothing new. I smirked.

I walked out of the dressing room, walking through the crowded hall as paparazzi started taking photos of me.

I smiled as I waved at them, walking closer to the stage.

Alright, Mia.. Wait for your cue then go. I nodded to myself, smiling as I saw Michael connect with the audience.

I listened to Michael.

My lonely days are gone!

Oo..  

I took a deep breath as I started strutting across the stage.

The backup dancers did their thing as they followed me. I smirked, putting my hands on my hips as I walked across the stage.

Michael smiled at me. Go on girl! He sang.

I did a small hair flip as I walked past the boys.