Chapter Eighty-Seven

April whimpers as Doctor Murray opens the door, gently handing my daughter to me.

I gulp, holding onto April tightly.

April frowns as she looks up at me.

I frown too, "My poor baby..." I quietly say, giving her kisses all around her face.

"She didn't cry and scream as much as we thought she would." Doctor Murray smirks, writing some notes down on his clipboard.

I flare my nostrils. Bastard.

"She still did scream and cry though." He lets out a chuckle.

Michael holds me close to him, "Thank you, Doctor Murray." Michael softly says, shaking the doctor's hand.

Doctor Murray smiles, "Anything for The Jackson's!" He smirks.

"We'll send you the results as soon as we get them. Now do you two have any questions at the moment?" He asks, cupping his hands together.

Michael and I make eye contact. "Doctor, I think we will have questions after the results are in." I explain.

Doctor Murray nods, "Of course. I can understand." He smiles.

I stare at him.

"Well since you two don't have any questions then I guess that's all I can do for today." Doctor Murray sighs.

"Thank you both for coming in. I hope little miss April here gets better." He coos, gently touching April's chin.

April sharply turns her head towards me, holding onto me tightly.

My baby doesn't want to see a prick like you. You just took her blood. She's angry at you and most likely sad too.

Doctor Murray frowns, clearing his throat. "You all have a nice day. Call me if you have any questions." He explains, handing Michael a card.

Michael nods, holding the card up. "Thank you again." He softly says.

Doctor Murray nods as he quickly exits out of the room.

I sigh loudly, gently putting April back in her carrier. "I don't trust that man, Michael." I mumble, strapping April in.

Michael frowns, "He was the only doctor available at this time, Mia. He's doing us a great favor by checking April." Michael explains.

I glare at him, "Something doesn't seem right about that man." I say, putting a blanket over April.

Michael sighs, "You wanted a doctor, so we got a doctor." Michael sternly says.

I roll my eyes. "Don't start with me." I warn him as Michael opens the door.

Michael frowns, letting me walk out with April first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael and I enter our, now empty, home in fear.

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything from the paparazzi on our way home. No cameras, nothing. This is a first.

Lord, please have April be okay! I've done sins, don't have me repay them by making my children ill as well! I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing I gave my daughter HIV.

I'm not even sure how Michael would be able to handle that. That his only blood daughter has HIV because of his wife. Sure, I'm still thinking of divorce.. But I'm saying if we don't get divorced then he's going to be blaming me.

I know it for sure. Michael loves all children but it's easy to blame me. And if he does then I can easily blame him as well.

Janet smiles warmly at us, "Welcome home, you guys." She sweetly says, opening her arms up as Michael hugs her tightly.