Chapter Eighty-Six

Within twenty five short, yet awkwardly silent, minutes we finally have arrived at the doctors.

"I hope they aren't busy today. This is such short notice." I say, fumbling April's seat belt off.

"Mia, relax. I'm sure April is oka-" I shot Michael a look.

"Don't tell me it'll be okay. You don't know that Michael." I spit, grabbing April's chair out of the car.

Michael frowns, shutting his mouth. "Sorry.." I heard him mumble.

Michael and I rush inside the doctors office so that no paparazzi could spot us.

Sometimes I wish, I'm sure Michael wishes too, that the cameras and media would just leave us alone. Michael and I would LOVE some privacy! It's going to our heads, all these rumors of us! My gosh! They don't need to know every detail in our life. If they want that then I'll write them a book to fuck off.

"Do you think they caught us?" I whisper to Michael as we enter the office.

Michael sighs loudly, "I don't think so." He breathes.

Michael walks up to the lady sitting at her desk.

"Um.. Excuse me?" Michael quietly says.

The lady smiles, looking up. Her jaw opens slightly as her eyes widen. "Y-You're..." She was speechless.

Michael blushes, "Michael Jackson? Y-Yes." Michael stumbles on his words.

"My daughter was sick a few days ago. We need a check up from any doctor available." Michael says.

I roll my eyes. Any doctor? No, let April be seen by my doctor or Michael's doctor! We don't have a choice though, do we?

The lady nods, looking through her notes. "Uh Um.." She starts to shake.

Michael reaches down, touching her hand. "Please, relax." He calmly says.

The lady lets out a nervous giggle. "I-I'm Barbra." She quietly says.

Michael smiles, "It's nice to meet you. Will you please find us a doctor?" Michael slowly says.

I frown. It amazes me how his fans get when they meet him. Every time seems to be the same. They shake, stumble on their words, starstruck is the word. Michael is trying his best to calm Barbra down so she doesn't faint.

He's a sweetheart, what can I say?

"O-Of course.." She quietly says.

"We'll need you to fill these papers on your daughter's health." Barbra says, handing Michael a clipboard.

Michael nods, taking the clipboard. "Thank you." He says, walking towards me.

I gently bounce April on my lap. April lets out a coo.

"Do you want me to fill this out or.." Michael looks at me.

I shrug, "You can fill it out." I squeak.

Michael smirks, "I've missed that shy tone of yours.." He breathes, filling the papers out.

I frown. You probably miss a lot of things about me, Michael. Don't worry, I do too.

"This isn't about us." I think out loud.

Michael frowns, "Of course it isn't.." He mumbles, finishing page one of April's health history.

"Do you mind if I put down your.. Um.. Illness?" Michael carefully asks me.

I glare at him, "Whatever you need to put down Michael." I sternly say.