Chapter 50

Zoe Franta

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. I was in my bed, so Connor must have carried me up here this morning. I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. It was 11:26. I groaned, pulling the warm blankets off of me and placing my feet on the frigid ground, getting up. I put my hair up in a bun so I wouldn't have to deal with it for a little bit and walked out of my room, going downstairs. Ricky was in the living room on his laptop and Kian was in the kitchen. 

"Where's Jc and Connor?" I asked. 

"Connor is upstairs filming a new video for O2L and Jc left about an hour ago." Ricky replied. 

"Oh, okay." I replied. "Do we have food?" 

"We have cereal." Kian offered. 

"Yeah I'll just text Jc and see if he can bring me something back to eat." I said, leaving the kitchen and going into the living room, sitting down next to Ricky. 

"What are you doing?" I asked him. 

"Trying to find a boarding school, wanna help?" Ricky asked. 

"Sure, what are you looking for?" I asked. 

"I want to put Eva in a school where they have summer programs along with regular school." Ricky said. 

"What about there?" I said, pointing to something on the screen. "It's only three hours away and they have the programs in the summer as well. It says they get academics in the morning and recreational choices in the afternoon for summer, and they have a high rating."

"Good job Zoe." Ricky said. "That looks perfect. I'll take a look and set it up."

"Well, I do have mad skills." I said, laughing at that statement. 

"Yes Zoe. You do." Ricky agreed. 

"Well I'm gonna go see if Connor is done." I said, getting up. 

"Have fun." Ricky said. 

"Hey Kian, we should prank Connor." I said, smirking. "Or you should help me film it."

"I could do that. What do you have in mind?" Kian asked. 

"Do we have silly string and an airhorn?" I asked. 

"Maybe." Kian said, smirking. "Follow me." He led me into his room and pulled out two cans of silly string and an airhorn. "What's your plan?" Kian asked me. 

"Okay, so we can set up the airhorn right outside his door. I will barely open the door quietly and spray the sillystring quickly, closing the door. Connor will probably slam the door open, which will cause the airhorn to go off and you're gonna get it all on film." I said, smirking at my devious plan. 

"That is genious. Let's do this." Kian replied, tossing me the silly string.

We quietly went upstairs and I set the silly string cans down, getting down on my knees so I can angle this perfectly. I set the airhorn in the spot I noticed and used some duct tape that I accidentally left in the hall to make sure it would stay. I then picked up the silly string cans again and went into my room, grabbing my camera. I turned it on and handed it to Kian, standing by Connor's door. 

"Go ahead." Kian whispered, pressing the record button.

I could tell he was still filming because he was talking about whatever he was filming about. I quietly opened the door and sprayed the can, getting it all over Connor. I then quickly closed the door and started running down the hall, turning around. Connor flung his door open, causing the airhorn to go off. He jumped and fell backwards, landing on the floor. I was dying of laughter, and I was literally rolling on the floor holding my sides. Connor cracked a smile at me and then groaned. 

"That was good, Franta. I will have to get you back for that." Connor said, walking over to me and hugging me. Sadly, he still had silly string all over him. I hugged him back though. Kian stopped the film and handed my camera back to me. I safely placed it back in my room and knocked on Connor's door. 

"Come in." He said, sitting on his bed. I opened the door and walked in. Connor was putting on a new shirt. 

"I'm glad you are happy again today." Connor said. I smiled a real smile, hugging him. 

"Your face was priceless! And when you fell, I was dying!" I exclaimed, laughing at the thought. 

"Yeah yeah as long as you're happy I'm happy so." Connor replied, hugging me again. "Well I have to film again so out." 

"Well thanks, love ya too." I said, walking out.

I know he was joking, and I didn't have a problem with it. I never removed the airhorn from the door though, and it went off when I opened the door, causing me to fall to the floor with my head in my hands laughing. Connor was now the one dying of laughter behind me, and Kian was standing by the door with a camera, smirking. 

"I thought you were on my side!" I said, still laughing a little. 

"I was on your side, now I'm on Connor's." Kian said, that smirk still on his face. 

"I'm gonna get you back Lawley! I said, starting towards him.

He carefully put the camera down, bolting towards the stairs. I chased after him, following him outside. He started running towards the pool but stopped last second. Sadly I didn't, but I grabbed Kian's arm as I was falling in, causing him to fall in too. We both came up and I splashed him, him splashing back. I went under and jumped back up, landing on Kian's back and bringing him under. Connor decided to get a video of the whole thing, and he was outside laughing. We got out of the pool and I slapped Kian on top of his head. 

"You're lucky I didn't have my phone in my pocket." I said to Kian. 

"Same." Kian replied, catching a towel that Ricky threw him and giving it to me.

Ricky threw another and Kian pulled his shirt off along with his pants, wrapping the towel around him. Luckily I had a tank top and shorts on so I wasn't soaking wet. I wrapped the towel around myself, walking inside and upstairs to my room. I placed my wet clothes in the basket and changed into black skinny jeans and a muscle tank top tee that was black and said All American Rejects.

I pulled my wet hair out of the bun and brushed it out, placing a mint green bow in my hair to pin part of it back. I would just let it dry normally I guess. I got out some hot pink nail polish and sat down on the ground, painting my toes and then my fingers then putting on a clear topcoat. I waited about ten minutes to make sure that they were completely dry before getting up and grabbing my phone, going down to my room. 

"Hey Zoe, can I come in?" Connor asked. 

"Yeah." I replied. Connor opened the door and came in. 

"Someone is at the door for you." He replied. 

"Okay." I replied, getting up and going downstairs with him. I got to the door and saw a couple. They seemed oddly familiar. 

"Oh my, Zoe!" The lady said, coming up to me and hugging me. 

"Who are you?" I asked, confused. 

"We are your real mom and dad." They said together. What?