Chapter 23

Zoe Franta

Everybody else left and it was just Hayes and me. We had all gotten pretty close and before Ronnie left I got her number along with Lily's. Last night and earlier today was actually pretty fun. Hayes was looking at me and finally talked.

"Do you wanna go swimming?" He asked me.

"Sure." I replied, getting up and going into my closet.

I had one more swimsuit that I got from Eva last night. It was a galaxy themed bikini and I am in love with it. I stayed in my closet and put it on while Hayes changed in my bathroom. We met back out in my room and I grabbed two towels, leaving my room and going downstairs. I opened up the sliding glass door and placed the towels on the chair, running over to the pool and jumping in. Hayes followed behind me and we splashed around in the pool. Nash, Cam, Jc, and Connor came out a little bit later and joined us. Kian and Ricky came out shortly after. Cam came up with the idea for chicken fights so we split up into groups of two. Nash and Cam, Ricky and Connor, Hayes and me, and Jc and Kian which I already know will end badly. We were going against Jc and Kian while Nash and Cam were going against Ricky and Connor. Whoever won those games would play each other and we would find out who the ultimate winners are.

"We're going to win." Hayes said as I got up onto his shoulders.

"I know. There is no way Kian and Jc will hold it together long enough without killing the other." I replied.

Kian got up on top of Jc and we started our fight. Jc wasn't moving fast enough for Kian so he slapped Jc's head and Jc flipped Kian off of him right onto his back in the pool. I climbed off of Hayes and started laughing so hard at what had happened. We watched what happened over at the other part of the pool where Nash and Cam were going against Ricky and Connor. Nash and Connor were the ones on top. They went back and forth before Connor pushed Nash backwards hard, making him fall back along with Cam. I had noticed a weak spot Connor had though that could help us to win. If you push one of his shoulders, he loses his balance on one side and uses his hand to support himself using Ricky's head. If I can push one shoulder but then the other right when he's going for Ricky's head, I should be able to push him off. Maybe if I could say something to distract him then I could try. I had the perfect thing to say too.

"Is your lipgloss popping?" I asked him.

"What?" He said, confused.

I took that as my chance and I pushed one of his shoulders, hard. He leaned over and just as he was about to gain support I pushed his other shoulder. He fell backwards into the pool, bringing Ricky with him. I cheered in victory and got off of Hayes. We hugged and then I went out and over to one of the chairs. My goal is to get a tan. I am actually pretty pale.

"Hey Zoe, come join us! We are all playing colors!" Jc called out. 

"No!" I replied. 

"Fine, then I will pick you up and throw you into the pool." He said, moving over to the steps. 

"I'm going!" I said, standing by the edge of the pool but not moving. 

I noticed Jc creeping up behind me from the corner of my eye and he lunged towards me, but I stepped away at the last second and he fell into the pool. I laughed so hard at what had just happened and fell into the pool in the process. I came back up and everybody else was laughing. After our laughing fest was done, we started playing colors. Ricky was at the end of the pool calling out the colors while the rest of us were trying to make it over there. He called out my color, which was green. I quietly moved over to the middle of the pool, pausing for a second as I noticed Ricky paused at calling colors. He resumed again and I made it to the end safely, along with Connor. Nash made a splash accidentally, causing him to get caught by Ricky. Connor and I went down to the end of the pool again with everyone else while Nash called the colors.

We kept playing for a little bit but we all started to get tired. It was after all 9:00 at night and we have been swimming for about three and a half hours.  I grabbed my towel and went inside with Hayes, going upstairs into my room. I changed into some pajamas and walked out of my closet, seeing a shirtless Hayes on the bottom bunk. I grabbed my phone from my computer desk and flopped down onto my bed, going through my phone. I decided to do a follow spree on Twitter. I tweeted out...

@realzoefranta Real surprise coming soon! How about a follow spree right now? Tweet #WhatIsZoesSurprise for a follow!

I decided to give that a minute to let everyone know and looked over at Hayes, who was staring at me. I blushed and looked down. 

"Why are you staring at me?" I asked. 

"Because you're beautiful." He replied. 

"Tip from Zoe Caylen, we are NOT going all The Fault In Our Stars." I said, imitating his brother. 

He laughed at what I said before saying,"Fine, but it's true."

"It is not! I am too skinny, my hair is awful, I have to deal with this mess of a face, and I have dull eyes." I complained. 

"You're not too skinny, your hair is beautiful, your 'mess of a face' isn't a mess of a face, and your eyes are sparkly." He said, looking at me with a serious look on his face. 

"I am only eighty pounds! I under ate when I was at the adoption center and I hate my hair! I want to dye it." I said, just now thinking of an idea. 

"What color?" He asked. 

"Maybe a platinum blonde would look cool. I know Eva wanted to do that too. We should get matching piercings too! This will be so awesome!" I said excitedly, planning out everything in my head right now. 

"You would look pretty with that color of hair." Hayes replied, smiling cheekily. 

"Do you think so?" I asked. 

"I do." Hayes replied, getting up and going over to the fridge. 

He grabbed a drink and joined me on my bed. I decided to go back onto my Twitter and follow people who tweeted with the hashtag I put in my tweet. My surprise was Hayes would be following back too and also that we are posting that video tomorrow of the rainbow milk challenge. Hayes and I talked for a bit longer, mainly him flirting with me, before we decided to go to bed. He went over to his bed and turned off the lights. I plugged my phone in before drifting off to sleep.