Chapter 30

Connor Franta

I decided that today I was going to surprise my irfriend, Kenzie, by taking her out to the beach. I called her ahead of time to let her know that I was going to be coming over. I remember how she told me she loves the beach but hasn't gotten to go lately because of how none of her friends could go with her. She will love this surprise. 

I got in my car and drove over to her house that she shared with Ricky's girlfriend, Alice. I heard that Emily is going to move in with them and they have offered for Caitlin to stay there too. It is a nice house, two stories, with five rooms. It's nice how all of our girlfriends are friends with each other. 

I got to her house and got out of my car, knocking on the door. She answered the door and let me in, smiling. I leaned down and kissed her, pulling away after a few seconds. 

"So why did you come over?" Kenzie asked. 

"What, a guy can't come over to see his girlfriend?" I joked. 

"You can, but usually you plan something." She replied. 

"True. Get on a swim suit cause I'm taking you somewhere." I said. 

"Okay." Kenzie replied, going upstairs to her room. 

What I love about Kenzie is how she doesn't use make up. Maybe a little lip balm but that's natural. She also doesn't put much effort into what she wears, which in my opinion makes her even more beautiful. She came back down a few minutes later in a see through white tank top so you could see her dark blue bikini that had white stars on it and a pair of short shorts.

"Are you ready?" I asked. 

"Yep!" She replied. 

We went into the car and I drove off to the beach. When we got there, Kenzie's face lit up. We got out and she grabbed my hand, walking down to the water. We set a towel up with our stuff and then walked down to the water. She walked in up to her knees, not wanting to get in anymore. I smirked and scooped her up into my arms, running out up to my waist. I dropped her into the water and she came back up, trying to keep an angry face. She cracked after about a minute though and I smiled picking her up again. 

"You are beautiful, you know that right?" I asked Kenzie. 

"I do now." She said, smiling. 

I leaned down and kissed her, smiling wide. When I kissed her I didn't feel anything though. 

"I love you." She said, looking at me.

"I love you too." I replied, not too sure if I believe it.

Trevor Moran

I have really liked Zoe's friend, Kendall, for a while now. The way she flipped her hair, her eyes, her personality, everything. She was honestly perfect in my eyes. I really want to ask her to be my girlfriend, but I don't want her to say no. I am finally going to man up today when she comes over. What I have planned is honestly perfect. I am going to sing Dark Side to her. I remember her telling me that she loved my song. 

I heard the doorbell go off. I ran to the door and opened it, seeing Kendall standing there. I let her in and closed the door, hugging her. We went to my room. 

"I have a surprise for you." I started, biting my lip. 

"What is it?" She asked me. 

"I'm going to sing to you." I said.

"Let's hear it." She said, smiling. 

I played the beat to Dark Side, then starting to sing. "It should be outlawed, what you can do to me. Can't take my eyes off you, in too deep." I sang right to her. 

"You can't control who you love in your soul, there's a force that will pull you back again. Oh, you can't control who you love in your soul, there's a force that will pull you back again." I took her hand. 

"Baby, I feel you pull me to the dark side." She placed her hand that I wasn't holding over her mouth. 

"One look, and you control me from the inside. I'm just puppet on your string, you can make me do anything." I let go of her hand walking back a little bit.

"Baby, I feel you pull me to the dark side." Both of her hands moved back to cover my mouth.

"You're like a monster, you're trying to swallow me. I'll never conquer you, you're all I need." I sang, doing moves to the lyrics, making Kendall laugh.

"You can't control who you love in you in your soul, there's a force that will pull you back again. Oh, you can't control who you love in your soul, there's a force that will pull you back again." I sang passionately. 

"Baby, I feel you pull me to the dark side." I finished off. "Kendall, I have had a crush on you for a while now." Trevor said. 

"Really?" Kendall asked hopefully. 

"Yes. I realized a few days ago that the feeling I get when I'm around you won't go away. If you don't feel the same way I understand though." I said. 

"Trevor," She said getting up. "I feel the same." Kendall assured me. 

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked. 

"Of course." She replied. 

Abbey Hastro

I grabbed my head where my boyfriend of a year, Cal, hit me. He was an abusive boyfriend. He was so sweet and caring at first, bringing me chocolates and flowers, being loving to me. After a year, everything changed. He started beating me, he forced me to move in with him, he is just horrible.

A few weeks ago when we went to go meet Zoe, he was the one who called us. He was demanding I come back to the house. Zoe seemed really sweet and funny too. I see why Brittney thought of her as an angel. She was really pretty too. She invited us over to her house a week later and I got to meet Jc. We text a lot now but he doesn't know about Cal. 

I needed to get out of this house though, but Cal will find me. He has found me in the past. He slammed me into the wall. I could feel my phone move in my pocket, probably cracked now. I didn't have a case for it. I screamed in pain as I felt a kick in my kneecap, pulling me to the ground. I sobbed as I knew nobody could help me. 

Just then, Cal passed out. That shit was drunk then. That's all he is now. I couldn't leave, I would get hurt worse. I just crawled over to the couch and lied there, crying in pain. I heard a knock on the door but I just left it. 

"This is police, open the door!" I heard someone yell. 

I couldn't answer. I heard the door getting banged open and the police came in, circling the now awake Cal. I had a few police over by me, helping me up and into an ambulance. I don't know what happened to Cal, but one of the paramedics said that he would be going to jail. They called Brittney, who called Zoe, and I had them in my hospital room along with Jc who looked a little mad. I asked Brittney and Zoe to leave, I need to talk to Jc alone. 

"Why are you upset?" I asked Jc. 

"I couldn't protect you." He mumbled. 

"Protect me? Why would you want to protect me? I'm ugly and worthless." I said, quoting what I have learned from Cal. 

"Those are the biggest lies ever! You are beautiful, perfect! If you were my girlfriend I wouldn't treat you that way." Jc said, instantly covering his mouth after. 

"Really?" I asked. 

"Really." He said, coming closer to me. 

Just as our lips were about to touch, the doctor came barging in. Jc jumped back a little and rubbed his neck awkwardly. I found out that I was able to go home now, but I couldn't get Jc off of my mind.