Chapter 35

Zoe Franta

The rest of the cruise was fun, except for the last day. I woke up feeling sick, and a few minutes later, the toilet became my best friend. I didn't mean for Hayes to hear me get up, but he did, and he came into the bathroom, rubbing circles into my back. After I felt like I wouldn't throw up, I brushed my teeth and used Hayes as a support to get out of the bathroom. I could barely even walk. Hayes kissed my forehead and then left the room. A few minutes later Connor came in and looked at me.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"My stomach hurts really bad and I have a headache." I said, groaning. "Could you get Eva?"

"Sure. One second." Connor replied, walking out.

Eva walked in a minute later and closed the door. It was just us in the room, girl talk time. I sighed and gripped my stomach, trying to keep the urge to throw up down. Eva looked at me like she knew what was happening.

"Period?" She asked me.

"I don't know, and if it is then I forgot to bring women necessities." I said, frowning.

"I have some. I think Connor is getting something to check your temperature though." Eva told me.

"Okay. I just want this pain to go away." I said, groaning.

Eva lied down next to me, patting my head. She gets it bad when it happens, and you better not f*ck with her during that time either. It can be scary. Connor came in a few minutes later and took my temperature, frowning when he saw it.

"You're not sick. How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Sick." I replied.

Just then I felt like I was going to be sick and ran to the bathroom, throwing up again. Connor came in and rubbed my back, sighing. I flushed the toilet and brushed my teeth again, going back to the bed. Connor looked like he was deep in thought, and then remembered something.

"Do you get seasick?" He asked.

"No. You can whip me around an extremely crazy ride at the fair five times in a row and I won't feel a thing. Plus I took some medicine to prevent it." I told him.

"Oh. I don't know what it could be then. I will go down to the other room and get you some medicine. I think Kenzie has some, if not Caitlin or Abbey." Connor offered.

"Ok. Thanks." I said.

Connor nodded and walked out of the room. Eva was still on the bed and Hayes was looking at me in worry. I smiled at him to reassure him. He left to go get some breakfast, while Eva stayed with me. It may be my period.

"I have to go to the bathroom." I said, getting up.

I went into the bathroom and did my business. I groaned and told Eva I needed a tampon. I've never been throwing up while I was on my period, or had horrible stomach cramps and a headache. Well, today's going to be fun! I lied back down on my bed and under the covers, grabbing onto my stomach from the pain. Hopefully Connor will be back soon. Hayes came back in with Connor and Connor gave me some pills while Hayes climbed in bed with me. The cramps weren't letting up but my headache slowly went away. It was just Hayes and me and we decided to watch Mean Girls.

"Where does your stomach hurt?" Hayes asked while we were waiting for the movie to get to the main menu.

"Like my lower abdomen. It's cramps. I'll be fine for a few minutes and then I won't be." I said, trying to see if Hayes will catch on.

"It's cramps? Why would it cramp?" Hayes asked to himself.

"Period." I said quietly.

"Oh." Hayes answered, looking at me.

I shook my head at him and clicked play on the movie. Hayes moved closer to me and I smiled, resting my head on his chest. Whenever I got a really bad cramp, Hayes would massage my stomach, which made it go away. He is the definition of the best boyfriend ever. I really don't want to lose him.

"Boo, you whore." I quoted my favorite part of the whole movie.

Hayes just laughed a little. The movie finished and of course I went up and put Mean Girls 2 in. I have this really weird addiction to Mean Girls. Like I swear I think it may be a drug. I fell asleep right before the movie finished.

*****

I woke up and felt a little bit better. The bed felt empty next to me, so Hayes must already be up. I remembered that today we were leaving. I got up and changed into a crop top and high waisted shorts, with my galaxy shoes. I then packed up all of my stuff and met everyone out in the living room part of the suite. We all ate breakfast and then grabbed all of our luggage and went down to the first floor of the ship and got off. Once we were off, we got to our cars and drove to the airport because our flight leaves in two and a half hours. When we all got to the airport and I realized that I would have to say bye to Hayes. I groaned and looked at Hayes, frowning. He came over to me and grabbed my hand, walking. I took it and we walked hand in hand to where we had to put our luggage.

"It'll be okay." Hayes whispered in my ear.

I nodded. The thing is, I don't know if things will be okay. What if he breaks up with me for someone better? Ugh, I hate how life can't be like a Disney fantasy. Then everyone would get to marry their Prince Charming. I guess this is just reality.

"Zoe, c'mon." Connor said, showing me my boarding pass.

"I'll be right back." I told Hayes, walking over to Connor.

They let me through to the terminals and I met Hayes. His flight was boarding first so we waited with him.

"Flight 231 now boarding." The lady said over the intercom.

Hayes turned and looked at me, pulling me in a hug and kissing my cheek, and then my lips.

"I'll see you soon baby." Hayes said.

"Bye Hayes." I said, trying not to cry.

He kissed me one more time before leaving to get on his flight. I let a few tears out and Eva came over to me and I cried into her shoulder. Why am I getting emotional over this? I'm only thirteen, and of course I won't be with Hayes forever. I couldn't think like that though right now.

We all walked over to our gate and waited for the announcement saying that we can start boarding the plane. We got on and I sat on the window seat with Connor next to me and Kenzie on the outside. I stayed silent the whole plane ride, just listening to music on my phone. We got off and I got Tyler's tweet that said; La I am in you. We went to our own cars and drove back home.

Once we got home I just went up to my room and got ready for bed, even though it was only eight. I crawled into bed and grabbed my phone, going under the covers with it. I saw that there was a new tweet from Hayes.

@HayesGrier missing you already @realzoefranta

I smiled at the tweet and retweeted and favorited it. I then replied to it saying I missed him too. I closed out of twitter and placed my phone on the charger, going to sleep.