Chapter 42

"Hey Eva, do you want to go to Starbucks? Maybe Ricky could take us?" I asked her. 

"Yeah! That sounds good. Maybe we could also stop at Panera, knowing Ricky.'' Eva replied, laughing a little. 

"It would be Ricky." I agreed. "C'mon."

We both raced down the stairs, almost tripping and falling on more then one occasion. We were both ready to go out, so if Ricky was and would take us then we'd be all set. I was wearing a black transparent tank top that said Keepin' it Real on it. Under it I had a blue bandeau on and a matching pair of jeans with black vans. My hair was in a side braid, like Eva's. Eva was wearing a similar outfit because we wanted to twin today. 

"Ricky!" I called out. 

"What?" He replied. I could tell he was in the livingroom because of where his voice came from. 

"Could you pretty pretty please take us to Starbucks and then maybe Panera?" I asked.

Ricky sighed but then said,"Only for you guys."

"Yay! Thanks Ricky!" We both said at the same time, going up to him and hugging him. 

"Go out to the car. Let me go grab the keys." Ricky said, walking over to the kitchen. Eva and I walked out smiling happily as we waited for Ricky to come out. He came out a few minutes later, unlocking the car. 

"So where to first?" Ricky asked. 

"Starbucks.'' Eva answered. 

"Okay. Starbucks then Panera." Ricky agreed, starting to back the car out. I should probably text Connor, I forgot to tell him I was going. 

To: Con Con🐱
Z- Hiiii sorry but I forgot to tell you that Ricky is taking us to Starbucks and Panera. We literally just left. Sorry again 
C- Ricky told me. I could hear you guys squealing from where I was upstairs. Be careful and make sure you stay with Ricky. 
Z- Will do. I'll see you in a bit. 

We got to Starbucks a few minutes later and went inside. The line was moderately long, maybe a ten to fifteen minute wait. I offered to get Ricky's order so he could sit down and vlog or do whatever being the nice human I am. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and unlocked it, going onto Flappy Bird. Right as I died, my attention was adverted to Eva. 

Some guy walked in with all of his friends, and I guess Eva knew them because she waved to them. One of the taller guys pushed a shorter guy towards Eva, and I flinched as I heard a slap. I don't think the boy realized what happened until after it happened. 

"Eva I'm so sorry! He just pushed me into you and-" The boy started, but Eva cut him off. 

"Josh calm down! It's okay, I know you wouldn't mean to slap me." Eva said, laughing. "It didn't even hurt. You barely touched me."

"But still..." The boy, who's name I now learned as Josh, said. 

"It's okay, calm down." Eva reassured him. "Oh Josh, meet my best friend ever, Zoe!" 

"Hi Zoe, I'm Josh." He said, holding his hand out for me to shake. I took it and smiled. "Well, I better get back to Martain and the rest. It was nice seeing you Eva."

"You too! Bye." Eva said, giving Josh a hug before he walked away to be with his friends.

"He seems cool." I commented a few minutes later. 

"Yeah, he is. He had a crush on me in like 6th grade. It was kinda cute." She replied. 

"Hello. what could I get you guys?" The Starbucks lady interrupted before I could reply. 

Eva ordered what she wanted, which was a vanilla bean frappe. I got the same thing, but also got two raspberry pumps in mine too. I then ordered Ricky's drink and paid with the twenty Ricky gave me. We moved down to the counter where they give you the drinks and waited patiently. After the Starbucks guy gave us our drinks, we grabbed straws and went over to where Ricky was sitting. 

"To Panera?" Ricky asked. 

"Yeah." Eva and I replied together. 

"Let's go then." Ricky replied, pulling his keys out and grabbing his Starbucks. 

We walked out to the car and got in, Eva and me sitting in the back again. Ricky turned on the radio and turned up the volume, along with the bass. I nearly screamed when I heard Happy Little Pill come on the radio. I think Jenna was doing her radio show. We sang along to Troye's song as we made our way to Panera.

"And we have arrived to Panera. Please exit the vehicle safely and do not trip." Ricky spoke seriously as he turned the car off. Of course, me being me, accidentally tripped getting out of the car. Eva just sat there laughing and Ricky shook his head, helping me up. 

"You jinxed me." I stated simply, looking up at him. He just started laughing again as we walked into Panera. "Meanies." I whispered under my breath. 

We ordered our food and made sure to get enough for the guys, who would probably steal our food if we didn't. We placed the food securely by our feet and we drove back home. Once we got there, I almost wished we didn't. The inside was an absolute mess, it was truly terrifying. 

"Kian! What did you do?" I called out as I put the food on the counter. 

"Jc started it!" He said like a two year old. 

"Nuh uh! He threw eggs at me so I had to get him back and it turned into a prank war." Kian explained what happened. 

"You put my underwear in the toilet and tried to flush it! I think you deserved the eggs!" Jc exclaimed. 

"Shut up and eat." I said, pointing to the bag of Panera on the counter. They immediately stopped fighting and ran over to the bag of Panera. Connor came downstairs as well when he heard them being quiet. Eva and I got our Panera and brought it upstairs to our room along with our Starbucks.

"Wow. I'm glad they didn't come upstairs." I said.

"I know right! They're crazy!" Eva spoke.

"Have you ever realized that it seems like in every video Jc posts with Kian in it he always screams 'Kian' at least once?" I said my thoughts.

"Yeah, like I said, crazy!" Eva replied, laughing. 

"I'm gonna check Twitter." I announced when I finished eating. 

"Same." Eva said, pulling out her phone as well.

I saw some pretty nice tweets, and also some pretty mean ones, but they don't really bother me anymore. I retweeted and favorited a few, and I also followed some people and replied. I still think it's weird when people freak out because I follow them, I mean it's not like I'm that famous. It's only because Connor adopted me. 

"Hey Zoe," Eva started, with some anger in her voice. 

"Yeah?" I asked, confused. 

"I want you to explain this to me, and why you would ever do something like this to me." Eva replied, showing me her phone. It was a picture of Josh accidentally slapping her, and it was captioned by saying: Wow, look at this! Zoe sent me this pic and told me that @Real_Eva_Dillon gets abused by every guy she has become close with!