Chapter 5

Zoe Lopez

I buckled my seatbelt and felt the car moving. I just pulled my knees up to my chest and placed my head to where it was resting on my knees. I don't know anything about these boys. All I know is that I'll be fourty minutes away from my best friend. How will I live? Oh that's right, I probably won't. I felt someone rubbing my back and I looked up and saw the boy with the beanie.

"It'll be alright. If we had known we could have picked someone else." He said.

I wiped up my tears and put my feet back down, noticing my penny board there. I placed my feet on it, moving it back and forth slightly.

''It's fine. That wasn't the only reason why I was upset though. I mean, she gave me her phone number so it's not like I'll ever see her again." I finally responded.

"What was the other reason?" He asked me, causing me to sigh.

"Let's just say that the other parents I have been adopted to were not the nicest people." I replied.

The boy leaved it at that, and I just fiddled with the bracelets on my arm while rolling the penny board around. We have been in the car for about five minutes now and already I was bored. I didn't have a phone to go on so I guess I am stuck being a loner while everybody else is on their phones, except for the guy with the coffee who was driving.

"What are your names?" I asked.

"I thought you knew who we were? We heard you talking about Sam and Trevor with your friend." The guy with the snapback said.

"Yes, but I only saw fetus pictures, and she just showed me the pictures like twenty minutes ago." I stated.

"I'm Jc." The guy sitting next to me in the middle with the beanie said.

"Ricky." The guy on the other side of Jc with the pokemon shirt replied.

"Kian." The guy with the snapback said.

"And I'm Connor." The guy with the coffee said.

"Well, I like Connor the most right now." I said, trying to be serious.

"Why?" Everybody but Connor asked at the same time, while Connor was doing a mini victory dance in the drivers seat.

"Because he likes coffee." I said simply.

"I like penny boarding!" Jc and Kian called out.

"I like to be sassy!" Ricky said.

"Well than, Mr. Sassy, we'll see who is more sasssier then. Now Jc, get your weave out of my face." I said in the most serious voice I could.

"Nah. I'll keep it right there." He said.

"Bish please I overrule you because I'm a girl and I also know how to break your arm in about five seconds so sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up." I said.

Jc looked at me kinda scared and moved his head quickly, causing everybody else to laugh. A thought then crossed my mind.

"Who adopted me?" I asked.

"That would be me." I heard Connor say.

"K. Now if you'll excuse me, time to be bored for another thirty minutes." I replied.

"Oh hey Connor, isn't there an Apple store over there?" Ricky asked.

"I think so, why?" He asked.

"Let's go!" Ricky said.

Connor got into the turn lane and turned the car, pulling into an Apple store. He parked the car and we all got out, heading up to the Apple store. We got in and I looked around, taking in my surroundings. I saw all of the phones in one section, laptops in another, and then iPads and iPods near them. We walked up to the counter and a teen girl came up.

"You're O2L!" She said excitedly. "Who is that?" She then spat at me.

"A girl with manners who doesn't dress like a slut." I replied.

"Really, cause sweetie, the slut here is you." The girl replied.

"Well, sweetie, I'm sure I'm not the only one visualizing the duct tape over your completely covered with lipstick *cough* slut *cough* lips." I replied with a smile on my face.

"I think you're talking about yourself, honey. You look like a lesbian sweetie." She replied.

"Sorry to disappoint you, honey, but I'm straighter than the pole you dance on." I said, earning 'ohhhs' from the boys, causing the girl to get even angrier.

"Hate to dissapoint you, but the boys will never like you." She replied.

"They will like me more than they will ever like a someone who thinks she knows everything and can pick up any guy she wants. Go back to your corner on the streets where a slut like you belongs."

"My middle finger gets a boner whenever you talk." She replied sassily.

"Well, maybe you should get that checked out. Now, I'd love to stay and chat, but that would mean talking to myself if I want an intelligent conversation." I said, hearing the boys 'ohh.' "Now, if you would go and get the manager, that corner is waiting for you."

The girl huffed and went to the back, probably to get the manager. The guys all looked at me shocked and trying not to laugh.

"That was awesome! The sass is real!" Ricky said.

"That was pretty impressive." Jc said.

"Definitely the sass queen." Kian said, snapping his fingers.

"Impressive, I must admit. Now, you can get one laptop, a phone, and an iPad." Connor said.

"Really?" I asked. "I don't want you to spend a lot of money on me."

''It's not a problem, no go." Connor answered, flashing a smile. I had a huge smile on my face as I walked quickly over to the iPhone's.

I would finally be able to call Brittney, Tyler, and Eva! I really hope Brittney's number hasn't changed. I took a look aht the phone selections and I saw the 5s. It was 150 dollars. Connor saw me looking at the 5s and smiled.

"Do you want the 5s?" He asked.

"Yea, but it's so expensive!" I said.

"Eh. Too bad." He said.

I smiled and then went over to the laptops. I saw 'the one' but it was 800 dollars! No way Connor would get it for me. I decided to go over to the iPad's and I took a look. I could get a mini for 200 dollars. That was the cheapest and the cutest. Don't judge. Connor looked at me and smiled.

"Why are you smiling? This stuff is too expensive!" I said.

"Cause I can. Now you are getting a 5s for the phone, iPad Mini for your iPad, what do you want for your laptop?" Connor asked me. 

"I saw one I liked but it was 800 dollars." I said. 

"Show me." Connor said. 

I walked back over to the laptops, Connor following me. I pointed out the one I really wanted and Connor smiled. He then walked up to the counter where a different person was up there. This time it was a guy. 

"I would like to get an iPhone 5s, iPad mini, and a Macbook Pro." Connor said. 

"Ok. Let me go to the back and get them. What color for the iPhone?" The man asked. 

"Gold." I replied. 

The guy went to the back of the store and came back about five minutes later with the three products. He set the phone up for me and also the iPad. Once he was done with that, he handed me a bag filled with some of the accessories the other boys bought me along with the computer, phone, and iPad. 

"Your total today is 1,342.96." The guy said. 

Connor handed him his credit card and the guy swiped it and gave it back. We then left the store and got back into the car. Spoiling me already? This is going to be a long day if they take me anywhere else. At least now I can text Eva.