Chapter 28

Zoe Franta

I woke up and saw Hayes looking down at me. I smiled and kissed him, attempting to get up. He just pulled me back down, refusing to let me go. I groaned and turned around to face him, giving him my best pouty face.

"I have to get ready." I said simply.

"No you don't." He replied. "We only have three hours left together before I have to go to the airport to go back to North Carolina."

"Then come with me to go get Eva. We will have time together on the way there and back." I said.

"Fine." Hayes replied. "Only for you. At least we will be taking Ricky's car and we can sit in the very back."

"True." I said.

He let me go and we did our morning things quickly so we may have a small chance of spending time together at home. I don't know how this is going to work considering most people say that it gets to be too much after a while. I hope not.

I met Hayes down in the kitchen and we ate some Fruit Loops. Connor was in the living room on his phone waiting for us. Once we were done eating, we told Ricky we were ready to go. We all got in the car and Ricky drove off starting the forty minute drive.

"I'm really gonna miss you." Hayes whispered into my ear.

"Me too." I replied.

He pulled me closer to him and kissed my cheek. He wrapped his arm around me and I put my head into his chest. We just stayed like that, occasionally giving each other a reassuring kiss. This boy was perfect in my mind, but the thing is, I'm only thirteen. We probably won't be together forever, and I need to know that. I felt a tear roll down my face. Why am I crying about this? I furiously wiped it away, hoping Hayes didn't notice.

"What's wrong baby?" Hayes whispered into my ear.

I said nothing, just pulled my phone out of my pocket. I unlocked it and went onto Messages. I clicked on the messages I have with Hayes and I opened it, texting him.

To: Hayes My Bae 🐳❤️💚💜
Z- I was just thinking of some things.
H- Like what?
Z- It was nothing.
H- Please tell me Zoe. I can help you.
Z- Not for this you can't.
H- Please tell me.
Z- I was just thinking if there would be an 'us' in the future.
H- Oh. Please don't think about that, live in the present.
Z- You're right, thanks. 
H- No problem baby.

Hayes leaned down and gave me one more kiss. I smiled and it stuck for the rest of the car ride. Once we got there, we got out of the car and Hayes grabbed my hand. I smiled and we all walked inside. Connor talked to the lady up at the front desk and explained what was happening. I didn't recognize her. I just stayed back with Hayes. I watched Ricky fill out the forms. Once he was done, we walked upstairs to the room that she was in. Once she saw us her face turned from anxious to relieved. She got up and smiled. 

"Thank you!" She said, smiling. 

"No problem. Do you have your stuff?" Ricky asked. 

"No, it's at the house. I have the key. They are taking everything out tomorrow." She explained. 

"Ok, let's go." Connor said. 

We all walked downstairs and out the door. Ricky and Eva got in the front, Connor in the middle, while Hayes and I sat in the very back. I cuddled back into his side and sighed. I would really miss him. 

"I need to get back to the house. I need to be at the airport in an hour and a half." Hayes spoke up. 

"Okay. We'll drop you off then go get Eva's stuff." Ricky said. 

We got back to the house all too soon and I got out with Hayes. We stood in the driveway, his arms around my waist. He looked down at me and kissed my bottom lip, then kissing me fully. It lasted about five seconds before he pulled away. 

"I'm really going to miss you." Hayes said, frowning. 

"I'll miss you too." I replied. 

"Goodbye baby." Hayes said. 

"Bye Hayes." I said, kissing him one more time. 

I gave him a hug and he walked into the house, me walking to the car. I got in the back seat and noticed that Eva joined me. I felt like crying right now, but I couldn't. I had to be strong. We have only been dating for like a week. 

"You kissed Hayes! Aw!" Eva squealed. 

"Can we not talk about him." I asked, frowning. 

"Why? What's wrong?" Eva asked. 

"Hayes is leaving today." Connor said for me. 

"Oh." Eva replied. 

The rest of the car ride was silent. Once we got to Eva's house, we all went inside with her. She got every last thing from her room. She then walked into her parents room and grabbed all of their most valuable things and also the things that meant the most to her. We had to pull down the back seats so we could fit everything. Once we were sure we had all of her stuff, we left to go back home. I was actually dreading it. I am really excited though that Eva will be my sister. 

When we got home, Ricky and I helped Eva move into my room. She would take the bottom bunk as her bed because she loves it. Once we finished, I went over to my bed to lay down. It was almost four right now. Hayes is on the plane most likely. Just as I was about to put my head on the pillow, I saw a piece of paper. I grabbed it and started reading it. 

Zoe, 

By the time you read this, I will be on the plane. I will miss you so much but I will FaceTime you every day. Please don't forget me in that time, though I don't think you would cause well, I'm me. Just kidding, but I found out that in a year my mom will let me move out for one school year to live with Cam and Nash. 

Well, I'm going to wrap this up now, I wrote this right when I got inside when we had to separate earlier this morning. I have to leave in five minutes. Well, I'll text you when I get off of the plane. 

Hayes xx

I smiled at how cute that was. I bit my lip and placed that in the drawer in my desk where I kept my important documents. Eva looked at me and smirked at me. She obviously knows it was from Hayes. I rolled my eyes at her and went onto Wattpad, reading the update to one of the books in my library. When I finished that, Eva and I went downstairs to watch movies with the boys. During that time, Hayes texted me. I texted him the rest of the movie and all through the next one. Hayes went to bed eventually at ten his time, so I watched one more movie with everyone before I went to bed myself.