Chapter 26

Zoe Franta

I woke up and noticed that I was in Hayes's arms. He was still asleep. He must have fallen asleep before he could move back over to the bed he was sleeping on. I decided to just stay here and not wake him up. I was able to grab my phone so I did and I went through my Twitter feed. I got a text message from Brittney a few minutes later. 

B- Hey, I'm free today and so is Abbey. Can we meet up somewhere?

Z- That would be awesome. How about the park by *street name* at 12?

B- I'll be there. Text me when you are there. We are going to be there earlier. 

Z- Will do.

I closed out my messaging app and decided to wake Hayes up. I poked his cheek but he didn't budge. I groaned. 

"Hayes, wake up." I said. 

He didn't say anything, so I tried a few more times. I groaned again, realizing it wouldn't work. I decided to take a risk and I pressed my mouth to his. I could feel him kiss back and I rolled my eyes, pulling apart. 

"Really?" I asked. 

"Yep." He replied, smiling innocently. 

"Get ready, we are going to the park at 11:45." I said. 

Hayes got up and went into the bathroom to shower and get ready. I did the same in Jc's bathroom. When I was done showering, I got out and dried off. I put on a white tank top with a pink jacket over it. I put on some American Eagle shorts and my galaxy vans. I brushed my hair out and applied some of the solution that I was given after I got my ears pierced to keep them from getting infected. I met Hayes back in my room and we went downstairs. 

"We are going to the park." I told Jc. 

"Okay, be safe. Let me know when you're on your way back. Do you need my penny board?" He asked me. 

"That would be nice." I replied. 

"Go get it." He said. 

I did as he said and ran upstairs and into my room, grabbing my penny board for Hayes and then going into Jc's room and grabbing his penny board for me. I ran back downstairs and handed Hayes my penny board. 

"Bye!" I said, walking out the door with Hayes. 

We rolled down the driveway and onto the sidewalk. Hayes rides in front of me, so I'm facing him. I use my left foot on the front of the board and put my right foot on the back. He grabs my hands and we ride like that until we reached the park. I kicked the penny board up, grabbing it. Hayes did the same and he grabbed my hand. I smiled and we walked over to the bench. I had to call Brittney. I dialed her number and she answered almost instantly. 

"Hello." She said. 

"Hey, where are you?" I asked her. 

"Sitting down with Abbey under the tree." She replied. 

"Okay, I see you." I replied, hanging up. 

I grabbed Hayes's hand and we walked over to the tree where I saw two girls sitting. They looked up and I recognized Brittney right away. She still had the same blonde hair that she did when she was sixteen. 

"Hi Brittney." I said, smiling. 

"Zoe! Oh wow you have changed! I love your hair and cute piercings!" Brittney said, hugging me. "This is my friend Abbey."

Abbey had brown hair that goes down past her shoulders. She has hazel eyes and looked about 5'4. She had style, I'll give her that. 

"Hi Abbey." I said. 

"So who is this?" Brittney asked, motioning to Hayes. 

"This is my boyfriend, Hayes." I said, smiling when I said his name. 

"Aw. So how have you been? What's it like being adopted by four sixths of O2L?" Brittney asked me. 

"Good, and crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it." I replied. 

"Well that's great. So how's... one second, my phone is ringing." Brittney started, but then got cut off by her phone ringing. 

She answered it and her facial expression changed. She hung up and looked at me. Abbey got up like she knew what was going on. 

"I have to go, but it was nice talking to you." Brittney said. 

"You too! I hope I can see you soon." I said, hugging her one more time before they left. 

It was just Hayes and me now. I smiled and sat down where they were sitting, Hayes joining me. I put my head into his chest and he wrapped his arm around me. He was perfect. I love how perfect I fit into his arms, and how perfect his hand fits into mine. We got back up and rode home after a little bit. The rest of the day, we watched movies and just enjoyed each other. We watched Bruce Almighty, Evan Almighty, season one of H2O, and The Grudge. He helped me out with my schoolwork and it was just overall a great day. It was about 9:00 now and we were just sitting on the top bunk watching Spongebob. I was cuddled into his chest and he had his chin on my head. 

"Patrick, your genius is showing." Spongebob said. 

"What, where?" Patrick asked, covering his crotch. 

"Why must they put so many innuendos in this?" Hayes asked me. 

"I think it was actually supposed to be an adult show and Spongebob and Patrick were supposed to be gay for each other." I replied.

"Really?" Hayes asked. 

"I think so." I said. 

"Wow." Hayes replied. 

We watched the rest of the episode and started counting out how many innuendos there were in the episodes we watched. It actually didn't surprise me at all. I got tired and started to drift off to sleep, but would wake up from a creepy image of something from The Grudge. Hayes could notice my discomfort because he pulled me down onto the bed with him and wrapped the covers around us. Every time I closed my eyes I would see one of those creepy things. The way it moved, just ugh. 

"It's okay baby, it was just a movie." Hayes whispered into my ear. "I'm here, and I won't let it get you."

I smiled and tried to go back to sleep. I eventually did because of what Hayes said. My dreams were filled with unpleasant things that were in the movie and have been haunting me.