19. I'm not your girl

Start from the beginning

The taxi stopped in front of the building and I rushed to leave after paying. He thanked me for the signed stuff and then with a "father" voice he advised me to be careful. Once in my home, I searched for a notebook and I started to write down some lines I've been thinking since last night.

" My friends tell me there's no future
In loving a troublemaker man
If I can't see you when I want to
I'll see you when I can
If loving you is wrong I don't wanna be right
If loving you is wrong I don't wanna be right"

Now I'm not in love with him, God forbid, but in the scenario, I create for the song the girl has the guts to fall in love and to stand for it even if it's wrong. It's something I'd love to be strong enough to do but never would actually do. After putting down my pen I prepare myself a bath to relax but once the tiny bubbles created by the salts I added to the water the feeling of his touch came back at me so vivid.

"Relax!" - I order myself. I shut my eyes close and wait for my mind to erase him but my phone has other plans. When it vibrates I swear under my breath as I reach for it.

Marshall: "U home safe?"

A part of me almost melts and drowns in the tube, the other parts slaps the previous one for being a light-headed. I respond to him with a "Yes" nothing more and he calls right away. I fan myself first then receive his call.

"Hi!" - my voice cracks a little so I clear my throat and repeat myself.

"Hey there, whatcha doin'?" - the muscles of my lips turn up in a smile.

"I'm having a bath!"

"Alone?"

"Naah, I'm here with Nikolay." - I joke but the noise that comes from the other sides sounds like my joke was not appreciated.

"The fuck?!"

"It's a joke!" - I laugh a little so I can convey the right tone to him.

"Don't fucking play with me like that Heather!"

"How is Nikolay going to be with me when I bath?" - I frown a little.

"I don't know. They like to keep you in a box so I..."

"Marshall no!"

"Aight!" - we stay silent for a few seconds and then he speaks again. "So I called to ask if I can take you somewhere to eat after work."

"We can't just go somewhere and eat."

"We can take away and eat in the car" - he comes up with the solution as if he has been thinking about all the excuses I could come up with.

"Mmm okay, I think I'll be done by four, today."

"Aight, I'll try to be done by four too."

By one o'clock I arrive at the studios dressed in a pair of short overalls a white tee and sneakers. My long curls down and the smile in my face is too big to hide. I said hi to everyone I came across as I always did.

I bump into Dre just as I step on the floor my dad usually works. He smiles at me and I blush at the thought of him knowing. He gives me a hug and asks if I liked Marshall's beat for my song. HE KNOWS. My brain starts alarming and moving around in panic mode. I don't give him an answer because I'm too busy trying to recollect myself.

"I guess that's a no." - He says after a while.

"I hadn't had a chance."

"I told Shady you don't take beats from our camp but he wouldn't listen."