Chapter 17: Girls Day

Me and Charli left my house. Charli made sure I brought my bathing suit with me which meant we were going to her house to go for a swim. She knew that a day relaxing in the pool always made me feel better, no matter the situation. I spent a lot of time with her in the pool when my parents left. I hadn't talked to josh at all today either. I didn't want him to worry about me so I just planned on hiding it from him along with everyone else besides Charli and my brothers of course.

When we got to charlis house she said "ok you know the drill. Go get changed and get yo ur butt in the pool." I smiled and said "thanks char, this means a lot." She smiled at me and gave me a hug while saying "Nik your my bestfriend of course I'm gonna help you." I smiled and she left the room so I could change. I ended up wearing this :

Once I finished getting changed I went down to Charli at the pool but as I was going out I noticed griff and Dixie hanging out on the couch

Once I finished getting changed I went down to Charli at the pool but as I was going out I noticed griff and Dixie hanging out on the couch. I immediately covered the bruise but Dixie said "ok Nik what's up. Charli said she was bringing you to the pool and we both know that's not good." I said "it's nothing I'm fine." I could tel griffin was concerned. I mean after all he was my friend d my teammate so I just kept it simple and said "guys I'm fine. See you later.." Dixie said "ok but come and talk if you need anything Nikki." I nodded and went out to Charli in the pool.

Once I walked out griffin said to Dixie "I didn't know you knew Nicole." Dixie said "she's like another little sister to me. When the whole thing with her parents happened she practically lived here for a week. Her brothers were a mess and didn't want her to get sad seeing them like that." Griffin said "so she's here often?" Dixie said "I guess.. but not too often now because of football and school." Griffin nodded and said "I feel bad, she just seems so upset all the time." Dixie nodded and they just kept hanging out.

While you and Charli were in the pool i said "so Dixie and griff are cute together." Charli smiled and said "yeah. She hasn't told my parents yet, from what they k is they're just close friends." I bursted into laughter and said "they're some pretty close friends." We both bursted into laughter and Dixie yelled "we heard you! Not funny!" That just caused us to laugh more because we knew Dixie was just kidding.

After a while of just relaxing in the pool Charli said "you should go see josh. He needs to know." I knew charli was right but I knew if I went to see him he would be worried 24/7. "I can't leave you here char." Charli laughed and said "nope too bad, go see josh. I'm not taking no for an answer Louise!" Ugh I hated when she used my middle name. "Ok grace I will go." She smiled and said "you know I hate my middle name too Nik." I laughed and said "exactly. Now I'm gonna go see josh, see you later." Charli nodded and I got dried off and left. I put my sweatpants on and just decided to keep my shirt off since it was pretty hot. I went to joshs and knocked on the door hoping he was home.

After about ten seconds josh opened the door with a huge smile but it faded as soon as he saw the bruise on my face. Before he said anything I couldn't help it anymore. I broke and bursted into tears. He pulled me into a tight comforting hug. He shut the front door as we went inside. When we went inside I was still crying but noticed a girl on the couch. I looked up at josh and he whispered "that's my sister don't worry." I nodded and noticed she looked a little younger, about 14 or 15. Josh said "well Nicole this is my sister olivia. Olivia this is my girlfriend Nicole." Olivia seemed really nice. Josh wanted me to tell him what happened so we went to his room..