Chapter 25: People arent always as they seem

When I woke up in the morning, Josh was still hugging me close to him with one arm, and the other he used to go on his phone. Before I had moved or said anything, joshs bedroom door swung open. I shut my eyes fast and heard joshs dad..

"What is she doing here. I thought I said not little sluts in my house." Josh said "dad stop. She's not that. Not even close. She's my girlfriend." Joshs dad said "well I don't care josh. She's probably a disappointment just like you. From what I hear, her parents left her because they were embarrassed of her." But this time josh could tell you were awake because he felt one of your tears hit us chest. "Dad get out." Josh dad rolled his eyes and said "don't make me get the belt again josh. I don't want to see her around here anymore." Josh just nodded and his dad left.

I looked up at josh. My eyes filled with tears. This is what he was hiding. I remembered him saying something about his parents splitting and him not being close with his dad when coach locked us in the locker room. Josh wiped my tears away and said "baby girl I'm so sorry about my dad.. he wasn't supposed to be here." I hid away my sadness like I used to do a lot and said "it's ok. I know how it can be. So what do you wanna do today?" He looked at me confused. "Why do you seem so chill about that.." I said "I'm used to it."

Yeah I know.. I shouldn't be used to hearing things like that. But when your parents just disappear out of no where and leave behind their three kids, you become the talk of the town. Constantly people tried to cheer me up, or give me money but I declined it. It was mostly the neighbors.. like the old couple across the street. "Baby girl I'm sorry. How about we go out. How about the beach." I smiled because I loved the beach. "Yeah sure I love the beach." Josh smiled and he got dressed in the bathroom while I waited. When he finished we got out of the house quickly and drove to mine so I could get ready. I went to my room while josh talked to my brothers downstairs.

I put on a cute bikini and just let my hair stay down like I did yesterday.

(What you had over your bathing suit)

Before I went downstairs I heard my brothers giving josh the "your dating my little sister" talk like I expected they would. It's pretty funny actually. I like to hear the reactions. It's even better when I get to do it to one of their girlfriends or whoever they bring home. "Look josh, if your gonna date our sister you gotta promise to protect and take care of her. I don't want to come home to her crying in her room or trying to do something stupid over how her heart gets broken. Look we trust you because we know you. And I mean, at the game yesterday.. that was pretty dope what you did for her. Just please rake care of her." Tayler said. It was cute how much he cared. Josh then said "you guys, I could never break up with her. I mean come on, her bubbly personality, the way she cares about other people, that's pretty hard to find and I hit jackpot. I promise not to break her heart." My brothers nodded at them and now was my queue to come downstairs.

Josh saw me and smiled. I said "ok let's go. I'm assuming they did the brother talk?" Josh laughed and said "more of a friendly conversation with you as the topic." I liked that, it sounds different. We both left my house and got back in joshs car. He put on the music in the car and played songs that gave off a big summer vibe, which just made everything better. When we got to the beach, we both ran out to the sand. We set up a spot with our stuff and got in the water. It was pretty cold but refreshing which was nice.

We played around in the water for a while then decided to get out and relax for a bit. While we relaxed I took out my phone and made a tiktok. I got josh to record it. It was a video of me going down the beach doing handsprings. Did you forget i was forced into doing cheer? I guess those tricks cane in handy. I finished doing the handsprings and looked up to see the football boys staring at me in shock. I laughed and said "what! I did cheer remember?" Jaden laughed and said "how could we forget, that's the reason your on this team." I laughed and watched the tiktok before posting it. Josh kissed my cheek and said "that video is pretty dope. It could be the beginning of your future miss Nicole Louise." I lightly hit joshs arm and said "I hate my middle name stop it." Josh laughed at me and said "I think it's cute." I laughed and griff said "ok last in the water has to lay for food!" I tossed my phone into my bag and ran to the water. I was not trying to pay for food, especially if it's for a bunch of teenage boys.

When everyone got to the water the last one ended up being Anthony. We all played around and splashed each other for a while then got out because we wanted our food. When we got all dried off a couple people came to us asking for a picture. They said they were fans of our football team and wanted one before we all went our separate ways off to college. Oh my gosh. I forgot it was senior year. We al said sure and took one big group picture. After we took the picture josh noticed I was kinda staring off thinking. He gave me a small smile and said "whatcha thinking about?" "It's senior year and your all gonna leave me soon. I have no idea what I'm gonna do with my life either." Josh hugged me and said "you will figure it out. All the college scouts are gonna start coming to games and they've got their eye on you. First girl to ever play for our town." I smiled and wine and josh caught up with the others.

We went to a small little place on the boardwalk and got some food. I wasn't too hungry so I just got some French fries. The boys all got burgers and stuff like that. Once we all finished I had a doctors appointment to get my head checked again, so hopefully I could come back to school and football tomorrow. My brothers came and got me and we went straight there. I got checked by the doctor and was told I could play again and go to school tomorow. I was super happy and decided I should keep it a secret and surprise everyone.

When we got home I was about to go to my room when Bryce said "by the way, we approve of josh." I smiled really big. Today was just an overall good day, besides the morning. "Good, I'm going to go to bed, goodnight." My brothers said goodnight and I went to sleep almost immediately.