Chapter 50: New Student

I woke up in the morning, 6:35 to be exact. I was going back to school today so that's good. I never told my brothers that I would be going back either but they can deal with it. I got out of bed and got changed then straightened my hair and left it down.

 I got out of bed and got changed then straightened my hair and left it down

Once I got dressed I went into my bathroom and brushed my teeth. I looked into the mirror and saw all of the bruises my dad had left so I put some makeup over them and tried to make my face look as natural as possible.

I went downstairs once I finished and Bryce said "what's with the makeup?" I gave him a look. I think he's stupid. "Oh I don't know, my face has bruises everywhere from when I got kidnapped!" Bryce said "ok ok sorry." I was not in a good mood. This is gonna be one heck of a day.

Tayler came downstairs and said "your going to school today?" I nodded. I mean clearly, why else would I get dressed.. I'm a pretty lazy person. We all got into Taylers car and he drove us to school. When we got there I saw josh and jaden just walking into the building so I caught up to them and said "hey strangers." Josh smiled and said "hey Nik." I giggled a little. I guess my bad mood goes away when I'm around josh.

"And what are you doing here missy?" Jaden said in a joking tone. I laughed and said "well, I'm in less pain and I covered everything so I cane to school.. and I wanna play the last playoff game tomorrow." They both laughed at me and said "your ridiculous." I smiled and went to my locker as we passed by, they kept going to theirs. When I was almost done at my locker arms went around my waist. I figured it was josh or Charli until I looked into my locker mirror.

Jackson. What the hell is he doing here. I elbowed him in the stomach and shut my locker. I went to josh and Jaden because they were close by. Josh saw the worry in my eyes and said "everything ok?" I shook my head no and said "h-he's here." Jaden said "who's here?" Before I answered Jackson cane over to us and said "hey classmates" with an evil smirk. I looked at josh then jaden and saw the rage in their eyes.

I didn't know what to do so I hid behind Josh. I was pretty scared. My abusive ex boyfriend now coming to my school.. no thanks. "What the fuck are you doing here" josh said, not very satisfied to see Jackson. Jackson laughed and said "I got expelled from Floyd so this was the only option." Josh turned around and whispered to me "go tell Bryce." I nodded and went to bryces locker.

When I got there I saw Bryce getting his books. He noticed me standing there and said "holy shit Nicole you scared me. Wait why do you look petrified." I looked at Bryce and said "Jackson's going to school here now. Josh and jaden did not look happy when they saw him and and-.." Bryce cut me off by saying "it's ok Nik, relax. If Jackson bothers you, beat his ass or find me josh or even jaden." I nodded and walked to class.

I met Charli halfway there while she was at her locker and she said "I saw that son of a bitch. Jaden wouldn't let me attack him." I laughed a little because I knew she was serious. "Who let him in this school?!" I laughed a little and said "the principal I guess. He got expelled from Floyd so now we are here." Charli nodded and said "he bothers you, he's gonna get beat so badly.." I smiled and said "ok relax char." She laughed and we both got to class.

When we sat down I sat in the back corner, Josh next to me, jaden infront of me, and Charli across from me. They didn't want Jackson anywhere near me. A couple minutes later Anthony and griff came into the room with angry look.  I laughed and said "you two see him too?" They just nodded and sat down near us. It's pretty funny to see everyone like this, but yet concerning.

When the teacher cane in it was another lady, not my mom. That worried me especially when the teacher said "ok everyone, I'm your new teacher ms Flynn. Your other teacher had some complications with family so she could no longer be here with us." My heart dropped my dad did something to her. Josh looked at me and could see the sadness. He calmed himself down a little bit Because he knew I needed someone to help me right now. "It's gonna be ok" he whispered into my ear. I just nodded and did my class work.

Once the school day ended it was time for practice,
Finally. I got out of my last class and went and changed in the locker room. I got all of my football stuff on and went onto the field. Coach saw me and said "Hall it's nice seeing you on the field this time." I laughed and said "yeah, sorry about yesterday coach." He smiled and nodded and we started practice. I played really well. I was making the pain worse from this morning, but I did good.

Once practice ended I got changed quickly and left the locker room. I was a little scared to walk home in the dark so I waited for josh or someone to come out.  I saw the locker room door open and josh come out. He smiled at me and said "hey princess." I smiled and said "hey joshy. Can I get a ride home.. I don't wanna walk in the dark." Josh smiled and said "of course, come on." I smiled and we walked to his car. I sat in the passengers seat and my head started to hurt. Not a headache, it just hurt.

I held my head in my hands and josh said "princess you ok?" I just nodded and said "perfectly fine.." I felt a finger go under my chin so I looked up and saw josh lifting up my face and he said "tell me, please..?"  I frowned a little and said "just.. my head hurts. I'm ok." He kissed my forehead and said "let me know if you need anything, I can bring it to you." I laughed a little then noticed we were outside my house. "Bye baby" I said as I got out of the car. He smiled and said "sleep tight princess." I smiled and went inside. My head hurt a lot so I just ignored that Bryce and Tayler were playing Fortnite in the couch and fell asleep on the couch next to Bryce. They just looked at eachother then at me and went back to their game.