Chapter 18: opening up

When we got to joshs room I bursted into tears again. Honestly this wasn't like me. Usually I just kept to myself and didn't tel anyone about how I felt, besides Charli. Josh pulled me into a big comforting hug and said "ok baby, what's going on?" I was still scared he would be worried but he clearly already is because of the bruise so I just said it. "M-my dad came back.. h-he hit me.. I'm sorry." Josh hugged me tighter.. causing me to cry more. "Nik you don't have to apologize none of that was your fault. You know that." I smiled a little bit and said "t-thanks baby. I just don't want him to hurt anyone anymore.. now I have to worry about him and Jackson." "Baby girl Jackson will not bother you anymore. And if he tries to you know damn well that I will beat his ass."

Aw I love how josh is being like this. He's just so comforting and definitely ready to beat up Jackson. "Thanks joshy." Josh kisses my cheek and said "wanna hangout here, just Incase he shows up at your house again..?" I wanted to stay but I was worried about my brothers. "I would say yes.. but I just wanna be sure my brothers are ok.." Josh smiles at me. I thought he would be upset. "You happy I'm going?" We both laughed and he said "nope. I'm smiling because it's cute how much you care about your brothers." I smiled and said "well they've al I've got, family wise. I should probably get going." Josh nodded and walked you to the front door. When you passed his sister you said "hey sorry, I didn't plan on meeting like this. You seem cool though." She laughed and said "no problem Nikki. Your all josh talks about so I feel like I already know you anyways." We both laughed I said to josh "bye love you." He smiled and said "love you too, bye. See you in school tomorrow."

I smiled and walked home. While is was walking I put some headphones in and listened to music. When I got home I saw my brothers hanging out on the couch playing fortnite.. the usual.  I sat down in between them and said "hey guys." Tayler said "oh when did you get here..?" I hit tayler in the arm and said "your kidding me right." He laughed and said "I'm only kidding. You ok?" My eyes were still puffy from crying. "Yeah I'm ok. Hung out with Charli and then spent some time with josh. You guys?" Bryce said "we've just been chilling. Cleaned up the mess dad made, and played video games." I said "sounds like fun. Now give me the controller, I'm gonna beat you guys." We all laughed and they passed me a controller. We played against each other and of course I won even though I hardly played video games.

"You know this was fun. I miss spending time with my favorite little siblings." Tayler said during one of the games. I added on "yeah me too. I don't know why but we haven't really hung out together in a while." Bryce said "well yeah.. your the big shot football star now. Of course we won't be able to hangout much." I felt a little bad. Was I the reason we don't get to hangout? "Sorry guys." Bryce laughed at me. Why the heck was he laughing. "I'm only kidding Nik. I know football is important to you. Just don't get hurt though." I nodded and we continued to play games. It started to get late so I put the controller down on the coffee table infront of me and put my head on Taylers shoulder and almost immediately fell asleep.

Tayler and Bryce laughed and took a picture and posted it on snapchat with the caption "when your little sister uses all her energy on video games." Once they posted that Tayler picked me up and carried me to my room. He put me down on my bed and tucked me in then left.