Chapter 12: unexpected visitors

When I got outside the house the arguing just got louder and louder. I jumped every time I heard it get loud. I finally had the courage to go inside and see what was going on. I opened the door and saw something I never thought I'd see again. Bryce and tayler standing there arguing with our parents. Why the heck are they here. Before they even noticed I standing there you saw they were throwing things around. My dad threw a glass vase and accidentally hit me with it. I fell to the ground and held my head. Bryce ran over to me and helped me up. He did not look happy.

"See what you've done! You guys aren't wanted here so go! Out!" My parents looked angry and gave me an evil glare and left. Bryce brought me to the kitchen and him and tayler cleaned the cut on my head. It was really bloody and hurt a lot. Tayler said "we are sorry nik." I knew it wasn't their fault. "It's not your fault guys. I'm fine." Bryce put a bandage over the cut and said "so how was practice?" I didn't know if I should tell him about me and josh yet. But I also didn't like hiding anything from him or Tayler so I just blurted it out. "Me and josh are actually dating now.. please don't be mad!"

I looked up and them so saw them look at each other than back at me. They're totally mad. "We are happy for you. What ever happened with you and Jackson though? He seemed really nice." I looked down almost immediately. Tayler said "well..?" I didn't want to lie. I knew if I didn't tell the truth I would feel bad and if I did they would get mad.

"He wasn't good to me.. at all. He hurt me a lot and attacked me just the other day when I was walking home. Josh was driving home and saw me running so he helped me." Their faces grew with anger. Before the said anything they just hugged me tightly. It felt nice to get hugged, especially when your upset. They let go of the hug and tayler said "look I'm gonna kill him. Not actually, maybe. Go to bed you've got a game tomorrow and should get some rest."  I said ok to him and went to my room. I did my usual night routine and then just fell asleep, I love sleep.