Chapter 13: game day!

It was around 6:30 when I woke up. My head hurt a little from the incidents last night but that didn't bug me too much. I got out of bed and did the usual morning things I do. Coach sent out a message to everyone saying to wear our jersey over a shirt today so I did.

I decided it would be best to put my hair in a French braid so it wasn't in my face for the game too

I decided it would be best to put my hair in a French braid so it wasn't in my face for the game too. I forgot about the bruise on my head so I just left it be.

When I went downstairs Bryce said "so big first game today! Who's excited!" I just laughed at Bryce. I knew it was hard for him to be at the games because he got really hurt playing and ruined his chances. He was really good at football too but he just couldn't play the same. I'm hoping that doesn't happen to me too. I said to him "I'm super excited! I mean first girl to play for the school, I'm pretty good not gonna lie, and I'm with some friends." Tayler came downstairs and said "are we takin about football!!? Nik you better play good today." "No tayler I'm gonna play super bad my first game. Who do you think I am!" Me and my brothers just laughed at each other and drove to school.

When we got there I went to my locker and got my books. I looked in my mirror and saw the bruise on my head and panicked. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see josh. He smiled at me but almost immediately his smile faded. "Nik what happened to your head..?" I couldn't lie. "I'm ok, really I'm ok." Josh pulled me into a hug and said "tell me." I didn't want him to worry about me but I knew either way he was going to. He knows I used to hurt myself so he's probably thinking I did this or maybe Jackson cane back, I don't really know but all I knew is that I need to tell him. I whispered to him "my parents came back. I came home and they were there throwing things. I got hit in the head.. but I'm ok." Josh pulled me into one of his big comforting hugs. I hugged him back and he kissed the top of my head and said "you ok to play though?" I said "yes I'm perfectly fine. I'm gonna go to charlis locker and cover it up so no one freaks out ok." Josh nodded to me and I walked off quickly.

Charli has told me she wouldn't be in school till later today because of a doctors appointment so I texted her.

Charli🧚🏻‍♀️🤍
Nikki: char I'm gonna borrow some of your emergency makeup.. I have a huge bruise I forgot to cover.
Charli🧚🏻‍♀️🤍: ok you alright?
Nikki: I will tell you later after the game. Thank you love ya!
Charli🧚🏻‍♀️🤍: ok girly love you too.

I went into charlis locker and got the makeup and went to the bathroom quick. There was the usual girls smoking in the big stall thinking no one would see them or the smoke. I just rolled my eyes and kept going towards the mirrors. I covered the bruise and put charlis stuff back and went to class.
——————————skip to the game————————

Once school ended it was game time. Everyone was super excited.. mostly because I was playing and because I'm a girl. A lot of people hated on me for it while the other kids who went to middle and elementary school with me cheered me on because they knew I had the talent to play for the team. I went to the locker room and got changed for the game and went to the field by the team. Coach said "ok everyone here's the positions! ..." Coach said where everyone was supposed to be and we all did as he said. I was starting in the field along with josh, Griff, Anthony, and Jaden. About five minutes later the whistle blew and the game started.

The crowds were going wild and the cheerleaders were cheering, Charli being loud and cheering for me. I got the ball as Anthony passed to me and ran through everyone. Many of the kids on the opposing team tried to tackle me but my teammates had them covered. I got all the way down the field and... TOUCHDOWN! The person announcing the game said "and number 11 Nicole Hall with the first ever girl to legally score a touchdown and country high!"

Everyone got back into positions and the other team started talking . One of them said "I got the girl, she looks pretty weak anyways, probably playing to be near the boys, slut." I knew he was trying to scare me, my brothers did it all the time but obviously not calling me a slut. I said to him "oh just you wait big guy, I will tackle you before your team gets the ball." The kid laughed and I rolled my eyes. They blew the whistle and started the game again. I had the ball so I passed it to jaden since he was open and went after the kid talking about me before. I tackled him to the ground and said "you sure are weak." Jaden ended up getting a touchdown too which was good. Josh saw me on the kid and helped me up. He said to the kid "watch your mouth next time." I laughed and went back to position.

The game went on for a while and our team won by a lot. The opposing teams coach said to our team "you shouldn't let the girl on the team, she's not good and your messing up your season with her." Another kid from the other team said "yeah you little hoe." I've had enough of this team. They were being rude and that needed to stop. I walked over to the kid who said that and said "just to let you know, your on our field, we won the game, I think your just mad you got beat by a girl." The kid rolled his eyes and pushed you to the ground. Before you got up josh went to the kid and beat him up. The other team got out of there quickly and the kid ran off. Josh helped you up and you said "I ever see him again, I might just kill em." Josh laughed and gave you a hug while saying "you do that and I will give you a hundred bucks." I laughed and said "ok deal." He smiled and I went and got changed.

I left the locker room and before I found my brothers Charli ran and me and jumped into my arms. I just laughed and said "hey char." She said "now tell me what happened. And do t worry I got some cute pics of you and josh. He your boyfriend?" I said "yes, and thanks. Ok basically you parents cane back. Didn't end nor start well. Got hit with a vase and got a huge bruise. That's all." She said "alright you ok though?" I said yes and she left to go home. Bryce and tayler cane to me and said "that was awesome Nik." I smiled and said "well we needed a new football legend in the house right.. can we go home though, I'm tired." Bryce said "ouch, and yes me too." You all drove home and talked about the game. Charli sent you the pictures from the game so I posted the one of me and josh and went to bed.

@nicolehall

@nicolehall: met some idiot at the game today

@nicolehall: met some idiot at the game today. He was a jerk but you already know we won. (Photo creds- @charlidamelio)

@joshrichards: we do be lookin cute ❤️
@nicolehall: if only I didn't change yet we could've looked cuter.

@hate: josh is too cute for her, she looks like a dead fish.
@charlidamelio: leave my girly alone. Keep your hate to yourself.

@jadenhossler: so you two like a thing now?
@nicolehall: 🤔🤫
@luvanthony: josh is cheating on me.. 🥺
@joshrichards: sorry ant 🥺❤️
@nicolehall: no words. 😬