Chapter 3: Cheer tryouts

It was the end of the day, which meant cheer. I was not excited one bit. I mean, maybe a little but not very much. I grabbed my book bag and went to Bryce and said "ok look, I have to tryout for cheer with charli so I will be home later." Bryce said "ok, me and tayler will be home most likely eating as usual. Have fun and don't get hurt." i laughed at him and said "your so over protective. Let me live." Bryce just laughed at me and walked off. I playfully rolled my eyes and went to the locker room to get ready.

I walked in and saw charli and some other girls there. I went to my gym locker and put on my bike pro shorts a old school shirt from last year. Nothing was wrong with it, I just used it for gym and sports. Charli found me at my locker and said "ok! Let's go!" Ugh I was not ready for this. And to top it off, tryouts were right next to football practice. I followed charli out to tryouts and saw a bunch of girls who looked like snotty brats. Those are the kind of girls that go to this school anyways. People say me and charli are some of the few nice girls.. of course charli was considered the pretty one, always. The cheer coach said to us "ok girls go into pyramids so I can see who can hold who." You were one of the lighter girls so you were a flyer. You liked bring in the air so you could see what's going on around you.

While the girls were holding you, a football cane flying towards me. Of course I caught it because well, football is my life. Everyone looked at you in shock, the cheer team, the football team, and the coaches of each team. I threw the ball back pretty hard to the football team and saw everyone staring at me. I got uncomfortable and said "problem?" Football coach said "nope solution! you! Come here!" I got down from the pyramid and went to the football coach. I assumed I was in trouble since I interfered with their practice. As soon as I walked over I said "I'm so sorry." Coach said "sorry?! You young lady are just what we need on this team! You ever play before?" I said "actually yes. I grew up playing football and only football." Coach said "ok great take this gear and get into practice.

I looked at him, took the gear and said "so you want me on the team or something?" He said "well is t it obvious!" I just smiled and put the gear on fast. I ran into the field and the boys just gave me dirty looks. I brushed it off and started to play. I could tell the boys didn't want me there but I wanted to be there and this is my only chance. Whenever I would get the ball one of them would try to tackle me but I got away. Eventually coach called practice over and said "hey, you. What's your name anyways?" I said "Nicole. Nicole Hall." Coach said "oh your Bryce and taylers sister. Alright. Well your on the team." I smiled so big and said to coach "thank you so much. And thanks to whoever made that bad throw." Coach just laughed so I went to the locker room and changed the. Walked home.