Chapter 29: some good news, kinda

I woke up in the morning to josh holding me tightly against him. I smiled and kissed his cheek waking him up. He looked at me and gave me his cute little smile. "Good morning princess" he said in his croaky morning voice. I smiled at him and said "good morning baby. Cmon we have school." Josh groaned and got out of bed. "Go to bryces room if you need clothes I'm sure he won't mind." Josh said "I'm good, I will just wear one of my hoodies you took." We both laughed and I said "you mean my hoodie?" Josh laughed and said "I'm only kidding." I laughed and josh walked out to bryces room to borrow some clothes. I went into the bathroom and changed in my outfit for today.

Once I finished getting changed I came out of my room and went downstairs

Once I finished getting changed I came out of my room and went downstairs. The three boys were sitting there waiting for me. We didn't have much time to eat breakfast so we just went off to school. When we got there josh walked me to my locker and we both talked. At the same time our phones went off and it was a text from coach to the whole team.

"Following players to my office.. josh, Nicole, jaden, and griff." Me and josh looked at eachother worried then coach sent another message saying "your not in trouble just come here." Me and josh walked to his office and jaden and griff tagged along halfway there.  Jaden said to me "you ok from last night?" I nodded and said "I'm ok. Thanks." Jaden smiled and we al walked in. We sat down in the chairs around coaches office and he said "ok look, you four.  At the game last night there were a couple college scouts. For penn state, they want you Nicole for a scholarship there. For UCLA, they want you three boys." Smiles grew pretty quickly on all of our faces and I said "now this isn't a prank right, your being for real?" Coach nodded and said "this is 100% real. But here's the catch. You gotta try your best to not get hurt. Ok?" Everyone nodded but then your smile faded.

You realized you wouldn't be able to go to school with your friends. Coach said "ok now I know you guys also have ms fisher right now, and let's be honest, she's a bitch." we all laughed, Coach usually curses around us which for some reason brings us all closer and more comfortable around each other on the team. He continued talking "just hangout here, I can just tell the office or whoever cares we had a meeting and it ran long because of questions." We all smiled and just hung out in coaches office talking about our next game.

Coach got a call so he answered it and it was Penn state scouts asking about me. Why though, nothing happened and I'm not that good at football anyways but I'm pretty decent. Coach got off the phone and said "Nicole they wanna give you a full ride scholarship, you won't have to pay a penny." I smiled and said "o-oh my gosh.." living a life like mine, you appreciate way more than you should. This is just absolutely amazing. The boys cheered and said "oh my gosh that's awesome Nik!" I smiled more and coach talked to the boys about their college situations. While they did that I took my phone out and texted my brothers the news.

The cool siblings 😎
Nicole: guys I have some super big news.. life changing news..
Tayler: oh god. What is it.
Bryce: Nicole this is scary.
Nicole: Nicole Louise fucking hall is going to PENN STATE for absolutely fucking free!
Tayler: WHAT?! That's awesome! 😁😳
Bryce: congrats Nik 😁🥺

After I texted them it was time for second period so we all left coaches office and went to class.

——————————(after school)——————————

Once school was over I went to the locker room to get ready for football. I was super excited because I've been in a good mood all day. I went into the field and coach had our little team pep talk and mentioned all of the scholarships so far. Everyone was happy so we started to practice. Coach put me against josh in a scrimmage to make sure we didn't go soft on each other. I whispered to josh "play hard, I'm used to it because don't think I'm going soft on you." He laughed and we started to play. Josh got the ball and admit got a touchdown but I tackled him and stopped it. He laughed and this time the same thing happened to me.

Once practice was over it was pretty dark so I found josh and said "can I get a ride home.. I don't wanna walk home in the dark.." Josh smiled and said "of course. Come on." We both got in joshs car and he drove me home. He held onto my thigh The whole time and rubbed it. It's nice to know that he loves me. When we got to my house josh held my face and gently kissed me goodbye. I smiled and kissed him back and got out.

When I walked inside Bryce and tayler were laying on the ground like they had gotten knocked out. I tried to run over to them but arms went around my waist.