Chapter 47 : Sparkling Intimacy

Start from the beginning

Anika got on with the task and then proceeded to organize the room a little. Putting away the bags and rearranging the pillows. That night the two slept entangled in each other's arms.

Anika smiled running her fingers through his hair. "Shivaay, it's eleven! Wake up, sleeping beauty."

Shivaay took a pillow and covered his face. Anika smiled snatching the pillow. "Wake up, eat something, and then sleep again of you want!" 

"Anika," he muttered annoyed sitting up. 

"Morning Sweetheart!" She greeted kissing his cheek. 

"Oh, I missed this!" He mumbled, wrapping his arms around her, pulling her down with him.

"Shivaay, my hair!" Anika muttered as his hold tugged at her hair. He loosened his hold and she quickly sat up straight.

"Wake up, now. Everyone's waiting to see you!" Anika spoke pulling the duvet off him. She started folding it while he woke up like a cranky kid and walked to the washroom.

* * *

"Where were you?" She heard as she entered the room to witness her husband unpacking.

"Was helping mom make your favorite Kheer!" She smiled hugging him from behind. Her arms snaked around his waist while her cheek pressed against his shoulder blade. A smile made it to his lips and he gently placed his hands on hers loosening her hold. He turned around and pulled her for a proper hug. Anika beamed, she just needed to be in his arms. God, she never thought she'd be so crazy about anyone.

"Now, see what I got." He spoke breaking the hug. He made her sit beside his bag and took out a box. He read the name scribbled on the post-it pasted over it. "This is the same earrings you liked for your mother." He informed placing it in her hand.

Anika smiled opening the box. The pair looked even better than they did on the picture. "These are watches for OmRu." He said handing her two identical boxes, each with a post-it on it. "This is for Gauri," he spoke handing her a dress pouch. 

"And this is for mom!" He spoke handing her a huge garment bag. 

"The coat?" She asked smiling 

"Yeah, don't know why mom would want that in Mumbai!" He muttered shaking his head.

"Did you buy anything for yourself?" Anika asked.

"Oh, yes one jacket, two shirts, and a tuxedo."

Anika looked at him surprised. "Don't you have enough shirts and tuxedos? I am sure there will be a few in your cupboards that you've never even worn once."

"I liked it so I bought it." He shrugged. "And finally, this is the dress I bought for you!" He smiled unzipping the garment bag to reveal the dress to her.

"Wow, that's nice," Anika spoke.

Shivaay sensed a but there. "But?" He probed.

"Don't you think it will be a little too tight?" She said taking the dress out.

"It's flexible, Anika, try it." He spoke folding his arms.

"Okay," Anika answered uncertainly walking to the washroom.

Minutes later she stepped out dressed in the dark red dress. It hugged her body tightly. It had a sweetheart neck and spaghetti straps for the sleeves. Anika tried running her hand over her stomach to straightening the creases. 

"Wow, Anika! You look amazing!"

Anika tried smiling but she felt extremely uncomfortable in the dress.