Chapter 44 : Strong Attachment

Začít od začátku

"You were the guy who went on professing how love was a scam and women were the deal-breakers. Now, you're saying all this, which makes me strongly believe that you've had a character flip or it's not you!" Rudra explained.

Shivaay chuckled, "Are you seeing someone Omkara?" 

Omkara glared at Shivaay. 

"No one," Omkara muttered.

"Yeah, because he's seeing many!" Rudra joked.

"It's not funny Rudra!" Omkara spoke sternly. "Anyway, I am tired. Good night." Saying that he walked away.

Shivaay regretted asking the stupid question.

"What happened to him Bhaiya?" 

"Must be tired and sleepy. Come on you need to sleep too!" Shivaay spoke helping his brother up.

"Are you sleeping with me today as well?"

"Yeah!" Shivaay muttered.

"On a serious note, you should make it up to her." 

Shivaay sighed. "I will."

* * *

Shivaay entered his room to change. Anika was working on her laptop. She looked up and quickly looked back at her screen. Shivaay shut the door and walked to his cupboard. Pulling out his clothes he walked into the bathroom to have a shower. 

He stepped out dressed in his night pants and a tee. Anika was busy arranging the desk. "Anika, I--"

"I know you'll sleep with Rudra!" She completed glancing at him. 

Shivaay stepped closer to her and she looked up. "Tell me what to do Anika? You're upset and I am the reason. I don't know what I can do to set things right."

Anika stared at him. She herself was unclear about their situation. She was unhappy that he didn't say he loved her but there was a slight relief that he didn't choose to lie. Maybe he'd never felt the way she felt for him. But that didn't mean she wasn't important to him. Her heart wanted more of him and more from him. But her mind knew she would be only disappointed keeping more expectations. 

"Anika?" He asked trying to hold her hand.

She dodged her hand way looking aside. She wanted to be stubborn. She wanted him to love her the way she loved him. Her hear- felt heavy. Was it really so hard for him to love her back? 

"Anika, tell me!" Shivaay pleaded. "I want us to get back to normal."

Anika glanced at him. She wanted to go back to normal too. She hated this distance between them. She missed sleeping in content in his arms and waking up to his smile. She missed the fun, the teasing, their stupid banters, and small talks. "Good night," she muttered, stepping away when he held her hand and pulled her towards him. Anika gasped shocked at his sudden action.

He looked into her eyes deeply. He leaned closer and Anika couldn't breathe normally. He messed up her breathing, her heartbeat, her mind, and pretty much everything, every single time. His look inked with longing made Anika go weak in the knees. Her gaze drifted down to his lips. They were only centimeters away. She gave in and closed the distance between them kissing him. The wet towel slipped from his hands and he pulled her closer deepening the kiss. A raw need that burned inside him got m the best of him.

Anika's one hand was still held in his grip. His other arm wrapped around her waist to keep her close. Anika's free hand reached the side of his face and quickly made its way to his hair. She tugged at them and pulled his head closer to hers. Their tongues mating in urgency. He pulled away staring at her. His hand gently releasing her wrist. A tear escaped from the edge of her eye. His eyes followed that tear and his thumb was quick in wiping it. He leaned and kissed her cheek, "good night!" He whispered softly walking out of the room hurriedly.